14.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

A I K O

The following morning was hectic as I tried to get ready and convince my dad to keep Brenda. He wasn't sure about the idea but he was willing to compromise with me.

Since we both had school, Raya took Brenda to school, while August drove me. He kept questioning the whole situation with Brenda. I didn't want to tell him much. In this case it would only lead to the truth dealing with me as well. It wasn't something I wanted to dig up.

I grabbed my bag out the backseat and closed the car door. Waving August off, I headed towards the front entrance of the school building. The school year was over two months from now and that only meant stress was upon me.

I spotted Jaxon leaned up against a locker talking to his friends. I was going to go over, but I decided against it. I wanted him to sweat me, not the other way around.

He looked at me and we made eye contact until I slowly turned my head, heading for the stairs. I didn't get up but two until I seen him beside me. He took my bag from me and grinned. I noticed people were staring but I didn't mind.

"You know people are going to talk." I looked at him.

He shrugged. "Let em' talk. They going to do it regardless."

"I'm just saying, it's not weird that you hang with a sophomore?"

"Nah."

I kept a low stare at him and questioned myself. "What do you want?"

"What you mean?"

"I see all those older girls over you, and you choose to hang with a sophomore. My mom didn't raise me, but I'm still no fool." I stated, approaching up my locker.

"Look, I'm not tryna play you. I genuinely like you. I see you around and you're just different ma." I half listened to every word he was saying.

I wasn't dumb. No guy like him just "liked you". Either he wanted sex from me or he was just trying to use me. "You know." I paused to close my locker and face him. "I believe that's bullshit."

"I'm not about to pull your leg about it. Let me give you a ride home from school. I wanna show you something."

"Mmm." I trailed.

"Mmm. What?" He asked.

"You don't want to do that." I said thinking about August.

"Why I don't?" He questioned licking his lips out of habit.

"My dad won't approve." I responded, staring at his lips.

Something about him rubbed me wrong but in the right way. I didn't know what was happening but my hormone levels were sky high. I guess his demeanor and how manly he was turned me on.

"Aiko." He chuckled, bringing me back to reality.

"Huh?" I asked, dumbfounded.

He smiled showing all his teeth. "The warning bell." He pointed out.

"Oh shit." I said rushing to my first class.

I forgot Jaxon had been carrying my bag when he handed it to me. He kissed my cheek as he held his chains from moving. "I'll see you after school baby girl."

I stood there long after he was gone, trying to put together how I was feeling. Students started coming in so I went to sit before the good seats were gone. Pri along with Cyd and Alicia walked in and sat around me.

We made conversation as we waited for the teacher. Pri wasn't so standoffish like before. She said things here and there. I actually wanted to talk to her one on one.