13.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

J A X O N

The next morning I got up for school. I usually would go late, but the seniors and sophomore classes were going on a field trip to Newyork this week. So I had to be in school to pay for everything.

After getting dressed I headed downstairs,seeing Pri standing by the door.

"I'm driving you?"

"Yup."

I shook my head at her antics and went to my car. Making sure she slammed the door after she got in, I smacked my teeth and turned the car on.

"You still mad?"

Ignore.

"Act like a child then." I said turning my radio up.

"I just don't understand how your not upset that this man killed our dad and you won't tell mom you know him."

"I don't know him." I corrected her.

"Well you know his daughter." She mumbled.

"Maybe you should get to know her. I know you have classes with her and she doesn't have many friends yet."

She scoffed, turning her face up. "You really tried it."

"Whatever. You need money for the trip?" I asked, turning into the school.

"Nope mama paid for it."

"Of course."

"Yup, the only one who actually cares."

I chuckled. "Get out my car. Enjoy your day for real man." I told her, getting agitated.

I wasn't going for it today. I wanted to chill and she was testing me. I got out the car, following the crowd into the building. I spotted Aiko walking towards the auditorium and caught up with her.

"Hey." She smiled.

"You finally back?"

"Yes, the counselor called my mom." She laughed.

"Damn."

She shrugged. "It's cool."

"So you going to Newyork?" I asked, taking a seat next to her.

"I don't know. I don't really know anyone here."

"You know me."

She looked at me smiling. "Your a senior. I doubt they'll mix us."

"So, I got you."

"You got me?"

"Yeah if you come. You can hang with the big dogs."

"Yeah alright. I never been to the big apple anyway." She laughed.

"So you ain't from china town?" I joked.

"Wow. Asshole." She rolled her eyes.

"Aye chill." I laughed.

The auditorium started to get full as the freshman and seniors classes came in. My friends along with my sister and her friends came to sit by us. While I made conversation with them I noticed Aiko quietly sat back on her phone.

I could tell she was one of those people who didn't speak unless you spoke to them first. Pri just stared at her on the down low, which I thought was childish. I know Aiko's father killed ours, but there is always three sides to a story and I'm sure the one my mom was telling was a bullshit lie.