Chapter 8: Experience

Bethany's P.O.V

The Winter Soldier pulled the trigger and my eyes instinctively widened. Before I could react someone's arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me down into a crouching position. I covered my head and let out a small scream as I heard the bullet come into contact with something metal.

Everything went quiet for a moment, no one moved and no more gun shots were fired. Gingerly I looked up to see Steve crouched with me, his shield protecting the both of us. Slowly we all stood up to see the Winter Soldier still holding a gun out towards us, Deanna still pinned to his chest.

Her small frame looked even smaller compared to the brunette males and her eyes were closed tightly in fear. "Put the weapon down." Steve ordered as Clint notched an arrow and Tony held out his pulsars. The Soldier didn't move, his arms still out stretched and finger hovering over the trigger.

"I said put the weapon down!" Steve ordered again, his arm bringing his shield up.

"Guys if you attack he'll use Deanna as a human shield." I murmured, gently placing my hand on Steve's forearm and pushing it down to his side.

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Tony asked, turning to me and lowering his own weapon, soon followed by Clint. Unable to answer I looked back at my friend and her capture, neither of them seemed to have moved from the position except Deanna had her eyes open and was staring at me.

She opened her mouth and yelled "Move!" Before throwing herself to the floor, dragging the Winter Soldier down with her. He pulled down on the trigger as he went down, causing me to cover my head yet again as we all dived behind the corner. The gun fire seized but the sounds of fighting didn't.

The fight seemed to continue for ages, neither of them crying out in any type of pain. When everything went still again I slowly looked around the corner again, slightly concerned at what I might see. However to my relief (and slight surprise) Deanna was standing perfectly fine, with a small on her face.

At her feet lay a knocked out Winter Soldier, his gun down the other end of the corridor. "Well that was an experience." The blonde chirped, her smile growing larger. Before I could reply Clint bolted around the corner and grabbed Deanna's shoulders, his eyes searching hers.

"Are you okay?" The older archer asked, causing me to roll my eyes. Leaving the two bow and arrow nuts to talk me, Steve and Tony walked over to the male lying unmoving on the corridor floor.

"So what now? We take him to conference room 4?" Tony asked, causing me to nod. As Steve and Tony picked up the Winter Soldier I couldn't help but notice the glares the Super Soldier was giving Deanna.

"Cap?" I asked, following the two (well three but one was unconscious) men up the few flights of stairs to get to the conference room. Steve didn't answer me but kept face forward, since Tony was the one walking backwards. Giving up I shook my head and made my way back to the office, in hopes to tidy it up a bit.