Chapter 48: Crystal

"Since when did we do patrol?" Deanna asked as she leant on the door frame to her bedroom. James was standing in front of her with his arms folded. The male shrugged. "Well you're so much help."

"Hey I've just been told to tell you." James argued, holding his hands up. Deanna sighed softly and bowed her head.

"Sorry it's just everything's been so much lately." The blonde mumbled. Grinning the brunette male leant forward, grabbed the smalls girls waist and threw her over his shoulder. Deanna squealed in surprise and laughed, luckily she was already in her Mockingbird outfit after a quick training session to calm herself down.

"James put me down!" She giggled, hitting his back with her hands. "Put me down!" The male shook his head with a chuckle and kept walking. As they entered the living room everyone stared at the sight before chuckling lightly. "Put me down!"

"Okay okay damn." James placed the small blonde on her feet. "You really are feisty." Deanna smiled sweetly before slipping her mask over her eyes.

"Let's get going Beth, Sam, Tony."

"Be careful!" Steve and James yelled out at the same time.

"Calm down Soldiers." Sam laughed.

"Yeah we'll protect them." Tony added.

"Just make sure you're ready if we need you." Bethany said, rolling her eyes at the two males as they flew from the tower. The two girls yelled in delight as they too took to the skies and going their separate ways. Tony went North, Sam went South, Bethany went East while Deanna travelled West.

It was a good half an hour until the patrol team began trickling back to the tower. Tony was the first to land back on the balcony, quickly followed by Sam. Deanna soon also returned but didn't land. The blonde female stayed hovering in the air, as if she was waiting for something.

"Deanna come in!" Clint called. "It's getting cold."

"Beth isn't back." She replied, not looking away from the direction Bethany had flew off to. "Angel are you there?" Deanna called down the ear piece. The lone was silent for a moment.

"We deal with kidnaps right?" Bethany's voice finally asked down the line.

"Well it depends on wha-"

"How about HYDRA Agents kidnapping someone?" Bethany cut Steve off quickly. Instantly Deanna sped off, not wasting any time. Sam, Tony and Thor flew after the blonde while the others all jumped into cars and onto a Motorcycle in Steve's case, all of them heading in the same direction.

Deanna spotted Bethany following a car and soon joined her friend in the chase. "Take the left side of the car, I've got the right side." Bethany ordered. The blonde silently nodded and fly closer to the speeding car. The two young woman kept their speed and stayed near the car until the others caught up with them.

"Nat! Take out the back tires!" Steve ordered. The red head nodded before shooting the two rubber objects and bursting them. The car began to swerve and lose control, heading towards a building without any signs of stopping or moving in a different direction to stop the crash.

Quickly Deanna and Bethany yanked open the back doors and looked inside while still flying near the vehicle. Bethany pulled out a HYDRA Agent and threw him to the side before going to deal with him. Deanna however didn't have an Agent to deal with, but a frightened young girl.

Without a question Mockingbird leant inside and scooped the girl up before zooming into the sky just as the car crashed. The young girl held Deanna's shoulders tightly and closed her eyes. Looking closely at the girl as she hoovered Deanna sighed at the innocent look.

The female had light pale skin with curly blonde hair. She was dressed in simply jeans and a black hoodie. Her feet were bare, almost as if they had taken her from her home. She looked younger than Deanna and Bethany. "Hey, you're okay I've got you." Deanna cooed softly as she landed.

Carefully the girl climbed out of Mockingbirds arms and stood up. She was about Natasha's hight, so taller than her saviour. "What's your name?" The smaller girl asked kindly. The girl looked for a moment, her hair falling over her face slightly.

"Crystal. Crystal Evans."

***********

A/N:

The book is almost finished but we have a new character! Crystal will be in the follow up book I plan on doing so don't worry she's not just here for one chapter.

Crystal is actual Crazy_Fangirl123 This girl has been with my books since day one and has always supported me. Just recently I have spoken to her properly as asked if she would like a party my book since this is my thank you.

Don't worry, Crystal will be introduced properly in the next book but for now this is her entrance and I hope you love the new character just as much as the other characters.