Chapter 24: Garage surprise

Deanna's P.O.V

After unpacking Beth left to explore the house while I decided to sit on the window chair and watch the outside world. Grey clouds were rolling in close, no surprise for England. It was odd to be in the country side after living in New York for a few years, yet the peace was nice.

Although we were far from where me and Bethany used to live it still felt like England, it felt nice to be back in the country where I grew up. As my eyes began to droop and my body began to relax there was another knock on the door, causing me to jolt slightly and yawn.

"Yes?" I asked, turning to face the wooden frame. The door creaked open slowly and James stepped, his head bowed slightly. "Hi." I whispered. After what had happened on the jet me and James hadn't really spoke, making the jet ride more awkward than it needed to be.

I knew it was my fault really, I shouldn't have mentioned his alter ego but I never expected him to react the way he did. "Did you need something from me?" I asked as he walked closer. He stopped in the middle of the room and just stared out the window behind me for a few moments.

"I came to apologise." He replied, looking down at me. "I shouldn't have forced the answer out of you on the jet and I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

"It's fine, you had a right to know." I replied. "Although maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it."

"No I'm glad you did. I needed to know so I guess it was good that I knew so early, I think if you all kept it from me my reaction would have been worse." He said with a small smile.

"Well." I said quietly. "I accept your apology."

"You do?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "But next time I won't hesitate to knock you flat."

"You can't do that." He argued.

"I've done it a few times before. That's why when you've came round I've been sitting on you." I explained. "I'm the only one who will willingly knock you out with out hesitating."

"You're an insane dame." He muttered.

"Dame?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Honey I'm no dame."

"Then what are you?" James asked, he face confused.

"She's a badass." Bethany's voice drifted into the room. The brunette female came strutting into the room with a smile on her face. "You'll never guess what I found." She turned to me with a grin.

"What did you find?" I asked.

"Come and have a look in the garage!" She exclaimed, grabbing my wrist and pulling me up. "Join us if you want Bucky!" The two of us ran down the stairs, attracting the attention of everyone else. Soon enough we reached the garage and Beth opened the door.

Light streamed into the otherwise dark room and I gasped. "How do you forget to take these with you?" I whispered in awe. Walking forward I placed my hand on one of the many motorcycles inside.

"I don't know." Bethany replied. "But they're all Harley's."

"Shit"