Chapter 29: Iron patriot

Deanna's P.O.V

As I ran away from James my feet carried towards the back door that was open to let air circulate the house. Without thinking I ran out into the cool night air, goosebumps prickling on my skin. The sweet smell of fresh air filled my nose as I slowed down and stopped just beside the still precent jet.

Just as I stopped I heard the sound of crunching grass and spun around, my dress flying out and hand at my sides. Not too far from me stood James, a small smile on his face. Blinking innocently I smiled back but kept my distance, I knew how fast he could be if he wanted to be and I was in heels.

As he advanced I walked backwards, almost tripping several times as I did so. While I was distracted trying not to fall flat in my arse an arm wrapped itself around my waist and the hat was removed from my head. Looking up I pouted as James' metal arm placed his hat back on his own head.

"I liked that hat." I mumbled, a wide smile spreading itself across my face.

"Yeah well I also like the hat and it happens to be mine." He resorted. As we had a stare of I noticed the hight difference. Even tho I was in heels he was still at least five inches taller than me, maybe even taller. His hair was still long but he had already announced he wanted it cut anyway.

Not only that while we had a stare off I could still feel his arm wrapped around my waist, keeping me from trying to run off or get away. Everything was silent, except from the muffled noise of the party and the small nocturnal animals the roamed the woods not too far from us.

Before either of us could say anything something or someone ran smack bang into my back. The forced caused me to stumble forwards and James to lose his balance. Yet again we ended up on the floor with me on top of him, except this time there was someone else beside us groaning in pain.

"What the heck?!" I exclaimed, rolling off of James and sitting in my knees facing the intruder. As I did I noticed they were in an Ironman suit that was painted like the American flag. The suit rolled over and the mask flipped up to reveal a dark skinned male who I recognised from somewhere.

"Who are you?" James demanded as he stood up, pulling me with him and behind him slightly. Rolling my eyes I watched as the man stood up and the suit detached itself from him, folding into a brief case. The male was dressed in a blue suit, just like the other men inside.

"Rhodey!" Tony's voice yelled from the back door. "There you are I was beginning to think you weren't going to make it!" Rhodes turned to be and James with a small smile.

"Sorry to interrupt and crash into you like that, Tony's been meaning to fix my suits landing for a while. James Rhodes, Iron patriot." He introduced, holding his hand out to James.

"James Barnes, the Winter Soldier I guess." The brunette male beside me smiled tightly. Rhodey the turned to me with a warm smile.

"Deanna Chalmers, Mockingbird." I greeted, slowly shaking his hand. "No offence but one, the suit looks like Steve got a hold of it and two you really need to-" Tony cut me off by grabbing the darker males shoulders and dragging him inside, causing me to roll my eyes and sigh.

"You okay?" James asked, turning back to me.

"Yeah." I nodded, before training and letting my head fall onto James' chest in both annoyance and tiredness.

"Whacked out from your own party?" The man chuckled. Standing up straight I glared playfully.

"So what if I am? I'm still only young." That was really the last thing I remembered before something hit my arm and I dropped into darkness.

***********

A/N:

Aw! Sort of a moment between Deanna and James!

Also if you may have noticed Deanna refers to James as James while Bethany refers to him as Bucky. This will get explained a little later but I felt the need to point it out so you didn't get too confused with the different P.O.Vs calling him different things.