Epilogue

3rd Persons P.O.V

"So you saved a girl from the clutches of HYDRA?" Nick Fury asked an hour later. He had arrived after Crystal had left for school. The Director had come to check up on the team after reports about seeing them all chasing a car in the dead of night. That was all the detail he had at the time.

Since arriving the team, besides Clint and Natasha, had been informing Fury about what had actually happened last night, including Crystal staying for the night. "And then let her stay in the tower?" Fury continued. "Before giving her all your phone numbers?"

"Sounds about right." Bethany nodded as she and Deanna cleaned the breakfast things away.

"And the two knifes hanging from the ceiling?" The Director asked.

"Minor accident." Deanna shrugged, reaching up to put a few cups away. "No one was hurt."

"Bucky and I might have scared Deanna and Bethany while they had knifes in their hands." Steve admitted, rubbing the back of his head nervously.

"Anyway." Fury shook his head. "About this girl."

"Crystal Evans." Deanna corrected. "She's nothing to do with you."

"I think you'll find she is something to do with me." Fury replied harshly. "She was attacked and almost kidnapped by HYDRA."

"That doesn't make a difference." Bucky shook his head. "HYDRA is our problem now and that means so is Crystal."

"There are only a few small HYDRA bases here and there now, we've taken out the main ones." Tony added. "We can easily finish this in the next month maybe two months."

"Until then HYDRA and everything the do is our responsibility." Steve spoke.

"That includes the safety of Lady Evans from this organisation." Thor said.

"Telling me would have been nice." The Director growled.

"Again she's nothing to do with you." Deanna spat back. "Until something bad happens that we can't handle, to do with Miss Evans, you aren't meeting her or interrogating her. I trust her, she's a girl at school and she can't do any harm."

"Your missing the point Agent." Fury replied. "You all still work under me. If you go on a mission, get attacked or anything else it goes straight to me."

"Well it's a good thing you're here then." Clint said from the door, Natasha by his side. "Because we have something to tell you all."

"Well good morning, you missed breakfast." Pepper said with a smile.

"You feeling okay?" Jane asked.

"We're fine." Natasha assured the two woman.

"What is it that you want to tell us?" Fury asked, holding his hands behind his back. While the married couple exchanged quickly glances Bethany leant forward to rest her elbows on the island counter while Deanna hopped up to sit on the side, in between Steve and Bucky who were leaning their backs against the counter.

The couple sighed before turning back to the group. Several seconds of silence ticked by before Clint and Natasha exclaimed together. "We're going to be parents!" The whole room stayed silent and everyone blinked.

"I think a congratulations is in order." J.A.R.V.I.S finally spoke up, causing everyone to jump. Suddenly Deanna jumped from the side and engulfed the Barton's into a hug.

"Yay! Congrats!" She squealed. Everyone laughed and too joined in with the celebration, except for the Director. He watched in silently for a few moments before speaking up.

"Congratulations." He spoke above the excitement, causing everyone to stop. "But this better not affect everyone's else performance in the field."