Chapter 49: Ceiling holes

Bethany's P.O.V

After changing I made my way to the kitchen. As I walked into the kitchen I jumped and stumbled back slightly. The young girl Deanna had saved earlier was sitting on the Island counter, swinging her legs back and forth with her head down and eyes cast to the floor.

"Has Deanna left you on your own?" I asked, walking closer to the female that I didn't catch the name of. Her head lifted and her green eyes met mine. Her skin was just as pale as mine and her blonde hair curled elegantly down her back, tangle free even tho she had almost been kidnapped.

"Oh no she's just changing." She replied softly. "I'm Crystal, what's your name?"

"I'm Bethany." I replied holding my hand out. Crystal slipped her hand into mine and shook it gently.

"Hey Beth!" Deanna's voice chirped, startling me slightly. Spinning round I came face to face with my blonde friend. In her left hand was a pair of Natasha's PJ's, while in her right hand was a table knife that she was lazily spinning around her fingers. Crystal blinked at the sight.

"Right. I asked Natasha and she said you could borrow some of her PJs for the night since you're about the same size." Deanna said with a smile towards the other blonde in the room. "Also Tony has a guest room you can stay in for the night, then in the morning we can talk properly yeah?"

"Thank you so much." Crystal replied, jumping from the side and taking the clothes from Deanna. "But I have one question before I go to bed."

"Fire away." I smiled kindly.

"Why did those people want me?" Her voice was so innocent and broken. My body froze and Deanna stopped spinning the knife, the blade pushing against the palm of her hand.

"We don't know." I swallowed thickly. "But we'll find out."

"Don't worry." Deanna assured, replacing her bright smile and retaking her actions spinning the knife. "You're safe in the tower. Don't forget if you need anything ask J.A.R.V.I.S, he'll direct you to your room for the night."

"Thank you again." The taller blonde nodded before disappearing towards the elevator. Deanna and I exchanged looks before releasing a breath. HYDRA again, that name was annoying the hell out of me. Sighing I walked over to Deanna and took the knife from her hand before she hurt herself.

She pouted but jumped onto the kitchen side, folding her legs under her. Despite stopping Deanna from messing with the knife I began spinning it lazily between my fingers as I drifted into my own thoughts. From the corner of my eye I saw Deanna grab another table knife and spin it.

The room went silent for several minutes until two voices yelled "Girls!" The noise startled both me and Deanna, causing our bodies to jerk and the knifes to fly from our hands upwards. Looking up I cringed slightly. "Shit." Deanna murmured as she too looked up to where the knifes had gone.

Both metal objects had managed to imbed themselves into the ceiling, only the handle visible. "How did you do that?" Steve's voice questioned.

"That's impossible." Bucky added.

"What's impossible?" Tony's voice joined in. Everything fell into a moment of silence. "What did you do?!" Tony yelled. Shrugging I tried reaching up to grab the knife but the ceiling was too high. Deanna stood on the counter top and stretched up, but her small frame was still a long way off.

Steve and Bucky then tried but neither of them could get the metal objects down either. Tony glared before strutting off, muttering something about going to tell Pepper what had happened. Deanna looked at me and shrugged innocently before jumping off the side next to Bucky.

"I'm going to bed." She yawned before disappearing.

"Me too."

**********

A/N

I'm back! I'm so so so sorry! I've just started studying for my GCSEs so I get little time off from studying and when I do I'm either exhausted or can't think of what to write. I try to make my chapters the best I can so if I can't get them the way I want them I won't post them.

Anyway I'll try To update as often as I can now. Although this book is nearly finished I have a final follow up book and then the series with Deanna, Bethany, Adrienne and the Avengers is official over.

I don't know what I'm going to do when this series is finished. I have to finish my book when Deanna and Bethany are children but I might also do another spin off. I'm not too sure yet I'll see what happens and what you all want!

Anyway thanks for reading and being patient!