Chapter 10: Not playing nice

3rd persons P.O.V

The Winter Soldier sat semi-conscious in conference room 4, his hands cuffed tightly to the chair. The room was lit by bright lights handing from the ceiling, the windows covered by shutters to stop the assassin throwing himself through the window and down to the street below.

Bethany sat in front of the Soldier, her hands linked together and resting on the table between them. Deanna was leaning up against the wall directly behind the brunette male, her left foot resting just under her bottom on the wall and her arm folded tightly across her chest.

The trio were all silent, the woman waiting for the male to wake up properly. It took a few more minuets for the male to come around but when he did there was no time for him to ask questions or even get a word in. "The files you out in our office, where did you get them from?" Bethany asked instantly.

The assassin stayed quiet until the brunette female slammed the four files they had revived onto the table. "These aren't our files, so someone must have put them in our office." Bethany explained. "Funny thing is whoever put them there didn't take anything and you have been caught on camera in the office."

"I don't know anything about planting files." The Soldier finally spoke up. Deanna raised an eyebrow but stayed quiet.

"Being in to office in the first place?" Bethany asked, leaning forward slightly.

"Why would I tell you?" The man spat, his eyes narrowing at the girl in front of him. Bethany returned the glare but pushing her chair back and walking over to the door. Without a glance towards her blonde friend Bethany stormed out of the conference room and towards the control room, where the others were watching the interrogation.

"You know for an assassin you aren't the best at hiding from hidden cameras." Deanna finally spoke, causing the man in front of her to jump and whip his head from side to side. "You won't be able to see me, I'm directly behind you." Deanna rolled her eyes and pushed herself off the wall.

The blonde dropped her arms and walked around the table, stopping with her back to the Winter Soldier. "You know what else?" The blonde asked, her hands traveling to her hips as she turned around. "For the best assassin HYDRA has, you didn't plan this attack out very carefully did you?"

"What do you mean by that?" The Soldier asked, narrowing his eyes at the small girl in front of him.

"It wasn't an attack tho was it? It was a distraction so you could plant theses file, but why would you do that?" Deanna asked, leaning forward and resting her hands in the table.

"I don't know anything about these files!" The man replied with a growl. Without a word Deanna's right hand lifted off the table and slapped the brunette hard across the face, to the point his head snapped to the side.

"Look we can do this the easy way or the hard way and quiet frankly I don't mind either." Deanna snapped, her hand coming to rest on the table again as the Winter Soldier moved his head back to the centre. "You're not cooperating then I'm not playing nice."

Everything went still for a moment. "I don't know anything about these files." The brunette tried again, simply to receive a slap on the right side of his face from Deanna's left hand.

"You're lying to me, I know you are and I will get it out if you." Deanna smiled sweetly before standing straight and walking out of the room. The door locked as she closed it behind her.

"What do we do now?" Bethany asked, her shadow standing at the end of the corridor. Her voice made Deanna jump slightly but she still shrugged in response.

"What do you want to do with him?" The blonde asked.

"Let's see try with Steve, Natasha and Clint." Bethany suggested. "Then we'll go from there." Deanna nodded and walked back to the office, it still needed tidying.