Chapter 19: Chase

Deanna's P.O.V

Pain flooded my body as it hit the concert below. Groaning I pushed myself up and turned over onto my back, looking up towards the now burning building. By the looks of it we had jumped out of a six storey window, so not majorly high but not exactly low to the ground either.

Wincing, I sat myself up and looked around behind me, my hair flying wildly in the wind the falling building was creating. Tony and Steve lay not to far from me, both breathing but not moving. The Winter Soldier on the other hand was now awake and trying to walk away.

Getting up I ran towards his retreating figure and jumped, tackling him to the floor. Yet again we ended up fighting but unlike last time I managed to hit him without much trouble. The brunette male blinked several times over and I watched as his eyes became warm once more.

He groaned slightly and held his head, his eyes closing as if the blow had made him tired. After a few moments he sat up, causing me to slip into his lap just like before. "Why is it every time I come round you're sitting on me?" He asked with a chuckle.

"It's a long story." I replied.

"Well before you start the story can I know your name?" He questioned, looking at me with a small smile. Before I could reply another explosion sounded behind us, causing me to scream slightly and cover my head.

"At the moment my names not important we need to go!" I yelled over the noise, jumping up and running over to the two other men on the street. "Steve! Tony! We have to go!" I yelled shaking both other them quickly. The billionaire groaned and sat up, the suit clanking as he did so.

"Steve!" I yelled, kicking the super soldier lightly in the ribs. The blonde male jolted up and looked at me. "Tony get to the Tower, tell everyone we're okay!" I ordered. "Steve, James follow me!" Tony flew off quickly and I ran over to one of the standard S.H.E.I.L.D. cars.

"Do you have the keys with you?" Steve asked as he and James jumped into the back of the car and I got into the drivers seat.

"No they were in the office." I replied. "But hot-wiring a car's easy enough."

"Where did you learn that?" James asked as I pulled out all the wires and began messing around with them. I didn't answer as bullets began firing at the car.

"Aw shit." I growled as a bullet hit the side mirror.

"Language." Steve snapped as the car finally roared to life.

"I speak a few." I replied, pressing down on the gas and speeding away. "Under the seats there should be some pistols. Take out the Agents following us but be careful of citizens." The men nodded and retrieved the weapons as I weaved between cars.

"If you keep moving we won't be able to get a clear shot!" Steve yelled.

"Well I have to avoid others myself!" I replied. Suddenly a thought entered my head and I giggled to myself. "It's just like the mission in Texas!" I exclaimed.

"No it's not!" Steve replied. "Because HYDRA aren't getting their hands in you or Beth again." I fell silent and kept driving, trying to keep on a straight as much as I could.

"Done!" James yelled, "They're gone."

"I see you haven't lost your skills then." Steve beamed.

"Can we save the sappy catch up please?" I questioned with a groan. "Let us get back to the tower first."