Chapter 12: Changed

Deanna P.O.V

It had come to it. The good cop bad cop hadn't worked, like at all. Now me and Beth were sitting in our office, trying to think of what to do. My brunette friend was leaning back on her chair, her hands pressed together under her chin and eyes closed as she thought.

I was slouched in my chair with my feet kicked up on my desk and crossed at the ankles, right over left. After tidying up not long ago we both just threw ourselves down into our chairs and hadn't really moved since. "This is stupid." Beth suddenly mumbled, making me jump slightly.

"Why won't he just talk?" She asked irritated.

"He's an assassin trained by HYDRA, why did we expect it to be easy?" I replied with my own question. "He attacks and kills for a living, he doesn't stop to talk." Something then clicked in my mind. When I had hit him a week before he seemed stunned by the fact I had snapped and slapped him.

"What are you thinking about?" My friend asked, raising an eyebrow at me. Without replying I jumped to my feet and bolted out of the door, my feet carrying to towards the conference room the Winter Soldier was still begin held in. The only difference now was he was roaming the room free.

Unlocking the door I walked inside, and slammed it shut behind me. The brunette male looked over to me, his eyes narrowing slightly. Holding my hands up in surrender I turned around in a circle, showing him I had no weapons on me. Once I was finished I raised an eyebrow.

He nodded slightly but didn't move from his place across the room. Slowly I folded my hands behind my back and walked towards him. "You know the sooner you tell us what we want to know the sooner you can go." I said sweetly, my hips swaying slightly.

"I don't know anything about the files and breaking into the office is something I don't quite remember either." He replied harshly, causing my eyes to widen. With a sigh a moved quickly forwards and punched him hard in the face, causing him to gasp and stumble back slightly.

"You're strong for a small person aren't you?" He questioned. Not replying I rolled my eyes and lent forward, punching him yet again. Then I kicked his legs out from under him and kicked him in the ribs. Instantly he tried to grab my ankles but I moved out if the way and kicked him again.

Then I straddled his waist and punched his face again. "Just tell the truth." I growled, dodging his metal arm flying towards me as he tried to throw me off. "It would make it easier on both me and you." He didn't answer, he simply tried to throw me off again but I avoid his arms.

Without thinking I moved my left leg and kneed him in the crotch, causing him to double over in pain and groan. When he finally looked back at me his eyes had changed. They had gone from the lifeless cold eyes of an assassin to the warm eyes of a good man, a Soldier.

Groaning he looked at me and blinked a few times before looking down. I then noticed I was still sitting on him. He sat up, causing me to slid into his lap, my eyebrows scrunched together. "James?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah?" He replied, rubbing his head.

"Bucky?" I asked quietly.

"Are you just going to keep say my name?" He chuckled. "Who are you? And why are you sitting on me?" Instantly I felt heat rush to my cheeks and my head dropped slightly.

"What do you remember?" I questioned, avoid the question and situation completely.

"I remember destroying an office to make it look like someone had took something." James said groggily. "Then placing four files on the floor but that's it."

"You don't remember anything else? Like leading an group of HYDRA Agents in here?" My voice had became quieter.

"What is this twenty questions?" He asked. "Because you haven't answered my questions ma'am."

"You don't remember HYDRA?" When the name of the organisation slipped from my mouth a second time his eyes seemed to snap back to their lifeless orbs. Grabbing the front of my suit he threw my across the room and my back slammed into the door painfully.

Before he could get to me I yanked open the door, slammed it behind me and locked it. My whole body shook until someone grabbed my shoulders. Bruce looked at me closely, the others not far behind him. "Are you okay?" The doctor asked, his eyes filled with concern.

"Yeah." I nodded. "And I think I know why the files were put in our office."