Chapter 11: Nothing

Bethany's P.O.V

It had been a week since we had captured the Winter Soldier and he still wasn't talking. Everyone has tried talking to him but none came out with anything useful. The Agents around the base had made the right decision to not ask about our prisoner and carried on with their training.

"Always keep you hands up!" Deanna's voice snapped me from my thoughts and caused me to look back towards the training session we were leading while the Avengers, Bruce and Sofia tried to think of a way to get the Winter Soldier to talk. So far none of us had come up with anything.

I watched as Deanna walked behind Agent Cole and shifted his arms so his fists were in level with his eyes. He smiled down at my blonde friend before looking away, a dust of blush covering his cheeks. It was no secret that most the male Agents like Deanna and I, it was easy to spot.

The female Agents in the other hand seemed to look up to us, which is odd since most of them are older than us. No Agent was younger than us, they were all either our age (19) or older, making training a little weird but bearable. I snapped out of my thoughts again just as Deanna punched Agent Cole.

He stumbled back but stayed up, the stance training paying off. Deanna nodded but didn't let her guard down as he came at her. The small blonde jumped to the side out of the way and brought her leg up, catching the top of his spine under her heel. Instantly he hit the floor.

"Watch your back at all times." I advised, walking over as the Agent scrambled to his feet. "You need to pivot quickly in order to see behind you. If you're slow to turn then whoever you are fighting can catch you out."

"Depending on how good they are." Deanna muttered from my side as she unwrapped the white tape from around her hands. Rolling my eyes at my friend I dismissed the Agents, sending them all back to their jobs in the main control room and everywhere else around the base.

"You seem happy today." I commented. Deanna chuckled slightly and pulled her hair from the high ponytail it had been in. Neither of us were in our superhero outfits, we'd changed what we trained the Agents in. Both of us had on black leggings with a tank top, mine being green while Deanna's was purple.

"I'm pissed off if that's what you mean." She replied, throwing on her purple hoodie on.

"The Winter Soldier?" I guessed.

"Not just that." Deanna said, throwing her training bag over her shoulder. "It's everything. Only now since taking in our first prisoner have I realised how hard it is to run something like this. Everything's just come crashing down on me and it's annoying."

"I know what you mean." I agreed. "But I'm sure over time it will get easier."

"And if it doesn't?"

"Then we're screwed." I laughed. Deanna joined in but it was cut short when Sofia walked in, a downcast look on her face. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"He still won't talk and we've tried everything." She murmured in response. Deanna's eyes narrowed.

"Angel get changed into your suit, we're going to try good cop bad cop." The small blonde said, walking towards the door.

"And if that doesn't work?" I called after her.

"I'll get to that bit if it comes to it!"