Chapter 29

Madelyn's P.O.V
*Still in North Carolina*

"I wanna go to public school." I blurt out when me and Nash are laying down together, on our phones.

He looks down at me, his eyebrows furrowed together. "Really?" He asks.

"Yeah, I kinda miss it. I wanna make new friends. No offense but hanging out with you and the guys isn't always my idea of a good time." I say, looking down.

"Why don't you tell me? We could do whatever you want." Nash replies.

"Nash! Thats not the point. I wanna be able to go to school, and learn. I wanna have a future. I wanna go to college. I love you and I'm grateful for everything your family and you have done for me. Now I wanna do something for myself and create a future for myself."

"I'm sorry I never knew you felt this way.."

"I'm sorry for being so harsh. I didn't mean to make you feel bad."

"It's fine you didn't Madelyn, but I will see if there is any schools in California that would be good for you, hopefully one near me." Nash says.

"I don't want some big school in California where everyone knows who I am and who you are. I don't want people wanting to be my friend because of you. I want to go to a school here..."

"But.. That means we would be away from each other."

"I know, it'll be hard, but I think we can get through it. We can get through anything."

"Madelyn I'm not sure we can get through not seeing each other for months on end. I don't think I can handle my girlfriend being all the way on the other side of the country."

"Are you really considering us breaking up over this? We trust each other don't we?" I say as tears threaten to escape my eyes.

"I just don't know." Nash says, walking away.

As soon as he walks away a text comes on my phone.
"Too bad your boy doesn't want you. But maybe I do. Meet me outside Starbucks tonight at 9. See you there.
-C"

I sigh and walk towards the kitchen, where Nash's mother is sitting, reading a magazine.

"Hi Elizabeth." I say, smiling.

"Well hello darling, how are you?"

"Not so good, to be honest."

"What's the matter?" She says, putting down the magazine.

"Well, I wanna go to public school, here. Nash doesn't really like the idea and I don't know if he wants to stay together."

"Well, I'm sure he's just surprised by the news. Give him a while to take it all in, I'm sure everything will work out."

"I sure hope so. Thank you for your advice." I smile, getting off the stool and checking the time.

7:30 pm

Might as well get ready. I guess I'm going to go meet up with "C".

*1 hour later*
It's 30 minutes before I am supposed to be at Starbucks. My stomach feels like it's in knots. I'm nervous as hell to say the least. But I grab Nash's keys, and head out the door, telling Elizabeth I'm just going to get a coffee. The car ride is silent and nerve racking. Once I arrive I see him. The guy who almost raped me. Carter Reynolds.

I get out the car, locking the car doors. I walk over to him, bravely. "What the hell do you want, Carter?" I ask, arms crossed.

"If I was you I would fix your attitude towards me. Don't forget I am capable of hurting you." He says, his voice deep and his eyes dark.

"Why would you do that?" I ask.

"Because, you ran to Nash when my father paid to own you, did you really think you just got away with all this? No no sweetie. Don't think we haven't been watching you for months now. We know where you've been and what you've done. We have this all planned out. Don't think about telling people, cause then we will just have to put our plan in effect immediately."

My breathing stops for a few seconds. I try to catch my breath and thoughts as he finishes his words. His glare only making it worse.

"Oh and if I was you, I would stay here for school, and let Nash leave back to L.A , wouldn't want anything to happen to your boy toy would we?" He says, walking away and getting in a black car, riding away in the dark.

"Well fuck." I say under my breath and run back to my car, opening the door.

My thoughts are everywhere, trying to think of someway out of this.

What the hell am I going to do now?
-------------------------------
(A/N) I'm so sorry it's been so long since I have updated. There's been so many times where I meant to write and update, but didn't. But that's no excuse it's been since April! I'm truly sorry guys but I will start updating more now and I mean it, I plan to end this book before chapter 40. School starts the 5th of August for me, but I can update after school and on Sundays. Anyways, I love you guys and I hope you enjoyed this chapter💙

Xoxo Lauren😘