Chapter 23

Madelyn's P.O.V
*1 week later*
Me and Nash have been fighting a lot lately. About the littlest things, I can't stand it. It sucks. Cameron is taking me to the mall and for pizza today to get my mind off of it. He's such a great friend.

"Cam, I'm ready."

"Okay! Let's go."

He says, as I grab my phone and shove my wallet in my small Vera Bradley sling around purse.

"Also mahogany will be joining us. She's meeting us there." Cam says.

"Yay! I miss her, and I need a girl around today." I say, causing Cameron to glare at me.

"Who said I couldn't be a girl for a day?" He says, acting like he has nails and admiring them.

I try not to laugh, and smile.

"I didn't say you couldn't. But your cool just the way you are." I say, kind of unsure of the correct words to say.

"Hah I was kidding no reason to be flirty." He says, staring ahead at the road as he drives.

"And why would I want to flirt with you when I have Nash?"

"Simply because I'm better looking." He says, and we both bust out laughing.

"You know I think of you as a brother so shutup."

"Well good cause I think of you as a sister. You remind me of Sierra."

"Oh yea! Your bigger sister. You should really invite her over sometime." I say, while checking my phone.

"Indeed I shall." He says, clearly being all proper.

I roll my eyes, and we pull into the mall. I text mahogany, asking where she is, then look around. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder, and jump.

"Calm it's just me." Mahogany says, laughing.

"All jumpy for no reason." Cameron says, smiling.

"Well sorry, it could've been anyone around here." I say, shoving my phone in my pocket.

"Let's go shopping!" Mahogany says, all girly and screaming.

"SHUT THE F*** UP, LITTLE GIRL!" A old man, walking to his car says.

"Well I forgot people aren't very nice around here." Mahogany says, looking down.

"That was so funny though." I say, holding my stomach, laughing.

"True." She says, laughing as well.

Cameron starts walking towards the mall, and we catch up beside him.

"Aren't fans gonna like crowd us?" I question.

"Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don't." Cam replies.

I nod, and continue walking. Once we get inside we walk over to Hollister first.

"I need some shorts and tank tops." I say, considering it is now March, and is starting to get warm again. California is weird.

I pick out a few pairs of shorts and a tanktop. Cameron joins me and mahogany as we check out. As we walk into Victoria secret, I get a call, from a random number.

"Hello? Is this Madelyn Anderson?"

"Yes it is." I say, getting worried.

"Your younger brother, Jonah, is in the hospital here in Oregon. We found cancer in him. It's taken over some of his lungs, and he has told us your the only family member he has."