Chapter 2

Madelyn's P.O.V

It was about 2 a.m. the next morning when we arrived.

Carlton:"Get your ass out."

He yells in my face, and I obey him. I then grab my luggage, and follow them inside. Once I get inside I see a man standing there, he's dressed in a suit. I assume this is Carter's dad.

Man:"Hello. I'm mr. Reynolds. I am the one who bought you from your father. So you will be staying here, and I'm sure they already told you most of everything. You will be bought a new wardrobe, and will be told how to dress. You can't be wearing that."

He points to my outfit. I stay silent.

Carlton:"Remember no telling carter anything. Just try to be yourself, or better, so hopefully he will fall in love with you, and will have someone. That's what your here for, to make Carter fall in love with you. We have done this many times but each time it's failed. If it fails this time, let's just say it won't be good for you."

My breath hitches. I stay calm, and nod. They lead me down the hall, the house is huge and very nice, hardwood floor, big chandeliers, I can tell this carter guy most likely gets whatever He wants. I continue following them down the hall. They stop in front of a big pink painted wall bedroom, and lead me into it. I assume this is my room and put my luggage down.

Mr. Reynolds: "This is your room. Carter's is upstairs, but as you probably already knew, he is asleep. So go to bed and we will talk tomorrow. Don't try to escape we have cameras all over this house and outside. But don't worry we don't have any in the rooms."

I nod.

Mr. Reynolds:"Tomorrow, me and you will need to talk, but for now what's your name?"

Me:"Madelyn."

He nods.

Mr. Reynolds:"Well Madelyn, there is some nice clothes for you in the closet already, but you and Carter will go shopping tomorrow."

I nod. He leaves and closes the door.

How fun, going shopping with a guy I don't even know..... I thought to myself.

Me:"Well this is going to be fun."

I sigh, then go in the closet, finding a nice pair of pink Victoria secret pajama pants, I throw them on and they fit. I then find a nice long sleeved silk shirt that matches, and take off my shirt leaving me in my hot pink bra, then throw on the silk shirt. I walk over to the bed, and get in. I lay down, letting my thoughts invade my head.

What will happen to Jonah?

Is carter nice? Or an asshole?

Will I end up having feelings for Carter?

But the last question was....

What happens if he doesn't fall for me?

After a few minutes I drift off to sleep...

********************************

It's the next morning, im honestly really nervous. I look in the mirror, and fix my hair. I brush it out, and when I'm satisfied I walk downstairs, and see A woman working to make pancakes, and I see Mr. Reynolds sitting there, writing papers.

Me:"Hello."

He turns around and waves.

Mr. Reynolds:"Hello, this is Carter's mother."

She waves and has a big smile on her face. She seems really nice. I wave back.

Mrs. Reynolds:"Take a seat please sweetie."