Chapter 4

Nash's P.O.V

The moment I saw Madelyn all I could think was "Wow." Whenever Carter said that about her, I yelled at him and ran after him. I can't believe he had enough disrespect to do that to a girl. Especially one who you can tell has been through a lot. I take out my phone and decide to text her...

Me:Hey! Want to hang out?

I put my phone down. All the boys are staying at my house for the week. Then they go back, and I stay here for another 2 months, visiting family.

Madelyn's P.O.V

The next morning I wake up, still mad about what Carter did. He's such an ass. I think about all the memories from yesterday and smile at the ones with Nash. He really is so sweet. I walk out of my room, and down the hall. Carter's sitting in the living room eating a bowl of cereal and I check the time, it's 9:30 so I assume that his parents are already gone.

Carter:"Hey."

I roll my eyes at him, and ignore him. I pour some cereal then sit at the counter and eat it. I feel someone's tight grip on my arm, and I feel myself being spun around in the chair. Then stopped face to face with Carter.

Carter:"Don't fucking ignore me when I say hey."

His grip is extremely tight, and honestly I feel like crying right now. My eyes start to water and I try not to let them fall.

Carter:"Aww the pathetic bitch is going to cry."

My phone dings and I look over to see it's nash. Carter grabs my phone, and reads the message.

Carter:"Is your little friend going to come get you to hang out with you?"

Me:"Stop! Let go of me."

Carter:"I saw you kiss him, I watched the camera. It doesn't pick up sound, but I saw it. You little slut."

He slaps me, and I wince. I begin to cry.

Me:"I'm so- sorry."

Carter's P.O.V

When she starts crying, I immediately wrap her in my arms. Damn I've been such a bitch, I don't even know why. I guess the fact that my dad always tries to set me up has made me mad, and I took it out on her. I hate myself for it. She stops breathing for a second under my arms.

Madelyn:"Why are you being nice now?"

Me:"Because I realized how much of a dick I have been to you. You don't deserve this."

I look at the bruise I left on her face, and sigh. I get ice and give it to her to hold on her face.

Madelyn:"Oh..."

Me:"If you want to go to hang out with Nash your more then welcome too."

I smile at her.

Madelyn:"Okay.."

She gets up, with her phone, and walks fast back to her room, still frightened of me.

Me:"Damnit."

I say and hit my fist on the counter, it hurts but I ignore the pain. I really do have feelings for Madelyn. She is really sweet, and different from other girls, and I like that about her.

Madelyn's P.O.V

Carter apologizing was sweet, but that doesn't hide the fact of how he hast treated me this whole week I've been here. I take out my phone and text nash back.

Me:Yea. Please come fast, I need to get out of here."

I reply back. He reads and texts back.

Nash:"Okay, on my way now."