Chapter 8

Nash's P.O.V

Were standing on Carter's front porch, ready to hear who she chooses.

Madelyn:"I choose..."

She pauses and looks down, fiddling with her fingers, then looks back up, a little bit of tears in her eyes. She gives me a small smile.

Madelyn:"I choose Carter."

My heart shatters. I can't believe she chose Carter, he has hurt her so many times, I've been nothing but sweet to her. I walk to my car, not saying a word. I just walk to it, jump in, and back out of the driveway. I hit my head against the wheel. Why was I so stupid? I really thought she liked me.

Madelyn's P.O.V

Me:"I choose Carter."

I look at Nash's face,I see his smile drop, and his eyes get watery. He just walks away, gets in his car, and drives away.

Carter:"Well then."

He says and laughs. I look down and sigh, then walk inside with Carter. I take off my shoes.

Carter:"Want to watch netflix?"

Me:"I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow."

I say and he nods. I walk in my room, and close the door. I take off my shirt, pants, and accessories. I throw on my light pink sweatpants, and light blue hoodie. I lay down, and close my eyes, thinking about today.

I really hope I made the right choice.

Is the only thing going through my mind. Then I feel myself drift off to sleep.

**Next morning**

I wake up, and fix my hair, then walk downstairs, and see Carter making chocolate chip pancakes.

Me:"Look at chef Carter."

I say and laugh. He smiles at me and then leans over and kisses my cheek.

Carter:"Well they are finished, ready for breakfast?"

I nod, and he puts two big pancakes on a plate for me, and I grab three pieces of bacon. I eat a piece and smile.

Me:"Not bad."

I say and Carter rolls his eyes, then walks behind me, and wraps his arms around my back.

Carter:"Had to make something for the beautiful Madelyn."

He says into my neck.

Me:"Well thanks Carter it's really good."

I say eating. Carter sits beside me and starts to eat too.

Carter:"I should cook more."

He says and I laugh.

Me:"Yea, for real."

After we finish, I walk over to the sink to wash dishes, but Carter knocks me out of the way, by hip bumping me. I laugh, and walk back, and push him out of the way.

Carter:"Your going to have to do more then that to get me out of the way."

He says and I laugh, then wrap my arms around him, and kiss him. He walks over to the counter, and I sit on it, not breaking the kiss. Then after a few more seconds I push him away, and wash the dishes. He comes back over and helps, we end up having a splash water war. He splashed it on me first, then I splashed it on him, and it turned into a war. Then Carter fell, and that ended the war, but I couldn't stop laughing. I got a towel and cleaned up the water. Then I went in the bathroom to shower. After the shower I got dressed, in a hot pink skater skirt and black crop top that says 'Selfie' in white letters. Then I blow dry my hair, and leave it naturally wavy. I put on some mascara and throw on my white converse then walk downstairs, and sit on the couch.

Carter:"Your the only girl that's stayed here this long. I actually like you."

He says playing with my hands. I smile.

Me:"I like you too. Obviously."

I say and he laughs. He signals for me to get closer to him on the couch. I lay beside him and he wraps his arm around me, and we hold hands.

Carter:"Let's watch netflix."

Me:"Okay."

Carter:"What would you like to watch?"

Me:"Uhh... White chicks!"

I say and Carter laughs.

Carter:"That movie never gets old."

He says and searches for it, then clicks on it. His mom walks in and sees us, and smiles.

Mrs.Reynolds:"Would you like popcorn?"

Carter:"Yes please mom."

She walks in the kitchen, and makes popcorn for us.

Mrs.reynolds:"Butter?"

Me:"Yea!"

Carter:"extra butter."

Me:"Trying to get us fat!?"

Carter:"Yeah."

I laugh, Then she brings it to us.

Me:"Thank you."

Mrs.Reynolds:"Your welcome."

She says and smiles at us, then walks upstairs to her and Mr.Reynolds room. During the movie, I end up falling asleep.

Carter's P.O.V

I laugh at the movie, and look over to see Madelyn fast asleep. I kiss her forehead, then pick her up, and bring her in her room. I set her down on her bed, then walk out. I'm so happy she chose me over Nash. I really thought she would chose Nash and when she chose me, I was surprised but happy. She is really funny, nice, and pretty. Hanging out with her makes me happy..

Madelyn's P.O.V

Later I wake up from my nap, and realize I was in my bed, I guess Carter carried me to my bedroom. I jump out, and walk back to the living room. Carter's not there, so I go upstairs to his room, and look through the crack where the door isn't fully shut. He's laying there, on his phone.

Me:"Hey there."

I say and walk in. He looks up, and smiles.

Carter:"Hey! I see your awake."

Me:"Yea. What's up?"

Carter:"Just on twitter tweeting fans."

I walk over and sit beside him.

Carter:"Do you want to go on a date next Friday?"

Me:"Oooo our first date?"

He nods and laughs.

Me:"Sure, sounds fun."

He takes my hand, and I lay my head on his. The rest of the day, we just talk, and watch YouTube videos.