Chapter 9

*1 week later*

Today is me and Carter's first date. I'm really nervous, but excited. He told me to wear a dress, cause were going to a fancy restaurant. I go to the closet, and find a blue dress, with a black belt, and I put a leather jacket over, then get some black heels and put them on. I straighten my hair and pin some of it back, I apply mascara and put on some eyeshadow like Andrea does hers.

Carter:"You ready babe?"

No, were not dating, but we act like it. I haven't talked to Nash since the day I made the decision. He's probably mad, or hurt. I miss talking to him, I at least want to be best friends with him.

Me:"Yea, I'm ready."

I say and open the door, when he sees me he smiles.

Carter:"You look great."

Me:"Thanks."

I say smiling. We walk to his car, and get in. He starts the car, and pulls out of the driveway, and starts on the road.

Me:"I'm excited."

Carter:"Me too."

He leans over and kisses my cheek. I turn on the radio, and it's Team by Lorde.

Carter:"This song is old but gold."

Me:"Yea!"

We both sing together, me laughing at how cute Carter is when he sings.

Me:"Your singing is adorable."

Carter:"your adorable."

He leans over and kisses me quickly, then puts his eyes back on the road. He eventually pulls into a very familiar Italian restaurant. The same place me and Nash went together.

This is great...

I thought to myself. We both get out, and walk inside. We get seated.

Carter:"What are you ordering?"

Me:"I guess chicken Parmesan."

He nods.. After a few minutes the waitress comes and we both order.

Carter:"Have you talked to Nash?"

Me:"No. I guess he's just either mad or hurt."

Carter:"Oh, he hasn't replied to any of my texts."

Me:"Doesn't that kind of worry you?"

Carter:"Yea kind of."

Me:"After this can we go by to see If he is home? I wanna see how he's doing."

Carter:"Yeah! Sure."

I nod and look down. After a few more minutes the waitress brings us our food. I begin to eat, carter does as well.

Me:"I'm finished, I'm going to the car, I have a headache."

I lean over and kiss Carter's cheek, then turn around and walk to the car. I get in, and sit down. I put my face in my hands, on my lap. I'm really stressed about everything. I don't know why, I just am. After a few seconds, Carter gets in. I don't move, but I feel him rub my back, then start the car. The car starts to move, and I buckle quickly then look out the window.

Me:"Thanks for tonight."

Carter:"Of course babe."

He says and rubs my leg. I smile at him and grab his hand, and interwine our hands. After a few minutes of me looking out the window, I feel myself drift off to sleep.

*** about 30 minutes later***

I feel someone shaking me slightly, I open my eyes a bit, and groan.

Me:"What?"

Carter:"Babe, were at Nash's house."

I open my eyes completely and sit up. Carter laughs and I get out of the car, and we walk up the front steps, and I knock on the door. I hear footsteps then I see Hayes at the doorway.

Me:"Hey hayes!"

Hayes:"Hey Madelyn and Carter, come in."

We both step in, and Hayes leads us over to the couch. We take a seat.

Me:"So is Nash here?"

Hayes:"No.. He left this morning, I guess to tez's house."

(IF YOU DONT KNOW TEZ, HES THAT ONE GUY ON NASHS SNAPCHAT STORY ALOT WHEN HES IN NORTH CAROLINA. He's cool)

Me:"Oh. How has he been?"

Hayes:"Well when he got back from the movies with you guys that night, he was really sad and didn't come out of his room but once a day to eat, maybe twice a day if he wanted to shower. He has his own bathroom, so he used that himself in his room."

Me:"Oh my."

Hayes:"Yea, it was like that for like 4 days. But he started coming out more, just didn't talk as much. But now he's gone at a Friends."

Me:"Oh, when he comes back can you tell him I miss him?"

Hayes:"Yea. I'll tell him to text you."

Carter:"We better go."

He says and grabs my hand.

Me:"Okay."

I hug Hayes, and then we leave.