Chapter 15

Madelyn's P.O.V

*2 days later*

I have began to get used to being in California, Nash has shown me around, I met Bryant and he's really nice. Everyone has been so nice to me since I've been here. My bedroom is across from Nash's upstairs. I really like California, although it's warmer then North Carolina. But it is A little cooler since it's the winter.

Nash:"Hey, wanna go penny boarding near the beach?"

We were currently sitting there, watching YouTube videos on his laptop.

Me:"I've never been before."

I say nervously.

Nash:"I can teach you!"

He says, and takes my hand, I close the laptop and throw it on his bed, he drags me down the stairs and to a closet near the door out of the apartment. We open it and there is 2 penny boards, one orange and blue, and another blue with pink wheels. Nash reaches in grabbing the orange one with blue wheels.

Nash:"That one is Cameron's, but I'm sure he wouldn't care if you borrowed it."

I nod, and take it. Then he grabs his keys, and we walk out of the apartment, closing the door behind us, we step up to the elevator, and the doors open after a few seconds. We both step in, Nash clicks the button for the bottom floor. The elevator soon starts to move. When we arrive on the bottom floor, I follow him out to the parking lot, as we search for his car, then soon find it. I get in on my side, and he gets in on his side. He starts the car, and begins driving. I start to get really nervous, my hand starts to shake.

"Are you okay?" Nash questions me.

"Yeah I'm just really nervous." I say quietly.

"It'll be fine, I'll be by your side the whole time." Nash replies with a smile.

After about thirty minutes, we arrive near the beach. Nash parks the car, and we both get out, taking our penny boards with us. Seagulls are flying around the beach, kids running around, building sandcastles, and parents trying to calm them. I laugh at the beautiful site of everyone having fun.

"Okay, wanna start?" Nash says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I guess."

I set down the penny board, and start to balance myself on it, I immediately get scared.

"Shit, this is scary." I say, louder then expected.

"Here, can I?" He says, and signals that he wants to hold my waist to help me. I nod, and he smiles I begin to move one foot to catch up speed, then get back on. Nash walks with me, while holding my waist, balancing me.

"This is really fun."

Nash looks up at me, and smiles. I continue to try to pick up speed, I'm doing good. I get farther, and I look down, I realize Nash has let go of me, and start to freak out. I almost fall but I feel someone wrap their arms around me, catching me. I turn around to see it's a teenage boy, around 16-17. He is very attractive, blonde hair, greenish blueish eyes.

"Woah, are you alright?" He asks me.

"I'm fine, thanks so much for catching me."

"What's your name?"

"Madelyn. Yours?" I ask.

"Carson."

He smirked at me. Carson seemed like the bad boy type. Very muscular, few tattoos. It was actually really attractive. But something about him seemed off, I couldn't tell what, but just something. I heard heavy footsteps running toward us, it was Nash.