Chapter 4 - "You'll be alright."

My Over Protective Brothers. Copyright © 2015. All Rights Reserved.

"Be your biggest competitor - challenge yourself each day to be better than you were yesterday." - Unknown.

Hayden^

*****

Aspen's POV.

I didn't realise I fell asleep until someone was crying and shaking me. I woke up and saw Parker's face.

"What's wrong buddy?" I picked him up and cuddle him into me.

"Your boo boo's Aspen, they make me sad. And you was not home to say good night. I missed you" He said rubbing his eyes.

"I know Parks I'm sorry. Why are you up so early Parker?" I looked over at the clock. "It's only 5:30"

"I had a nightmare and I was looking for you to make them go away like you do" He started to cry.

"Okay I'll sing a song" I wiped his tears away.

"I remember tears streaming down your face, when I said I'll never let you go.

When all those shadows almost killed your light.

I remember you said don't leave me here alone

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight.

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down, you'll be alright.

No one can hurt you now, come morning light.

You and I'll be safe and sound" I sung for Parker and he slowly fell asleep.

I wrapped the blanket around us tighter and soon fell asleep again.

I had the nightmare again. I started having a panic attack. I woke Parker up and I felt bad but I needed Bennett.

"P-parker get B-bennett" I watched him run to Bennett's room.

I heard heavy footsteps run down the stairs and into the living room.

"Aspen, look at me" I tried to breathe. "Look at me Aspen" I looked at him "Put your hand on my heart Aspen and match your breathing to mine" I did what he said and finally calmed down.

"I'm sorry" I kept repeating over and over again to Bennett.

Bennett whispered soothing words to me saying it wasn't my fault, when I knew it was. I wasn't going to let them pity me. Thinking I'm some fragile china doll that will break, I'll prove I can be strong.

After I stopped crying and decided I was going to be strong. I stood up kissed Bennett's cheek and thanked him.

I walked upstairs and got ready for school. I knew some comments would be flying my way today but I just didn't give a fuck.

I put on some ripped jeans and a top. I slide on my white and black Adidas jacket and my trainers. I didn't have any make up because I just don't wear any. Except maybe lip stick and mascara.

I skipped downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning guys" I smiled and got a glass of milk.

The all looked surprised that I was smiling.

In response I got 'uh hi Aspen' 'why you so happy?' or other things.

"Baby girl don't you think you should stay home today?" Xaiver asked.

"Nope no need why?" I ate some of my cereal.

"You know because of last night" Hayden said.

"Oh that nope just a little hiccup right?" I smiled.

"A LITTLE HICCUP? I HAD TO WATCH MY TWIN LIKE THAT AND LOOK AT YOU AND BE REMINDED OF WHAT HAPPENED" Derek shouted at me.

I stood there not knowing what to do. Shocked that he actually said that.

"I DON'T WANT TO BE TREAT LIKE SOME FRAGILE FUCKING DOLL! LIKE YOUR ALL WAITING FOR ME TO BREAKDOWN I WONT LET THAT HAPPEN. I MEAN IF YOU WANT ME TO PUSH YOU ALL OUT LIKE LAST TIME THEN SO FUCKING BE IT!" I shouted at them and stormed up to my room deciding not to go to school.

I grabbed the lamp and threw it at the wall and punched the wall over and over again. Flipped my mattress. Broke picture frames. Punched the wall again. In the end I sat down in the middle of the floor and curled up into a ball and cried my heart out.

Missing my mum and dad.

Wishing Stacey and her minions didn't hate me.

Having more than one friend but liking me for me and not my brothers.

Not being perfect enough for anyone.

Xavier's POV.

I was little shocked at Derek. But a when she acted like nothing had happened really surprised us. We were used to her shutting us out and not talking for a while but smiling was something different.

She shouted back at Derek and stormed up stairs we heard her breaking things.

Derek went to go up there but stopped by Bennett.

"Just let her get her anger out Der, I don't understand why she was acting like nothing happened" Bennett said putting his head in his hands.

We all decided to stay home from school today and wait for Aspen.

It hurt and broke me seeing her like that and knowing what would happen if Tyler didn't get to her in time.