Chapter 19 - "Promise to keep you safe."

My Over Protective Brothers. Copyright © 2015. All Rights Reserved.

"Even the smallest lie can break the biggest trust" – Unknown.

*****

I made sure every single window was shut, front and back door as well. I kept Parker close by my side.

I was laying on my side on the sofa and Parker was in the front but I kept a protective arm around him. We are watching The Lion King, I cry every time Simba's dad Mufasa dies.

My eyes kept darting around the room for any movement or anything suspicious. I hear soft snores and I look down to see Parker asleep snoring away, just like Bennett.

I grab my phone from the table, I turn it on and wait for it to load up. Once it loaded I saw tons of missed calls and texts.

Derek – Tyler said you left and you had a panic attack?!

Grayson – Where the hell are you?

Bennett – The boys rang me, Where are you Aspen?

Xavier – Why did you take Parker out of school?

Tyler – Are you okay? X

I smiled at Tyler's message. I replied I'm fine to him. I told my brothers I was at home with Parker.

Just as I sent the text to Xavier I heard keys in the locks for the front door. I waited for it to open and in walked King Bennett angry. Wow never seen that face before. Joke I have. Just waiting for the vein to make an appearance. Oh look there it is. He dropped his bag and took one step towards the sofa.

I lifted my hand that wasn't around Parker and gave Bennett a small wave. In return I got a scowl. Lovely.

"Why did you leave school and pick him up?" He pointed to Parker.

"I-I don't know" I did have a reason but I couldn't say what the reason was everyone would flip.

"You don't know" He took another step. "Why did you have a panic attack today?" He took one more step.

"I-I didn't. I don't know what you are talking about" I said with an ounce of confidence.

"Oh I don't know, you know just as I'm about to close a case. I have several missed calls and texts saying you had a panic attack" He bought up once finger. "You left school" He has two fingers up now. "You take Parker out of school" He has three up. "And you don't know why"

"Urm yeah" I said.

"Tell me now Aspen" He growled at me.

"I can't Bennett, I can't tell anyone. Just leave it please" I pleaded him.

"What can you tell anyone Aspen?" He put his hand on my head and stroked my hair.

"I just can't Bennet" I shook my head and picked Parker up and walked to my room leaving Bennett behind.

I placed him down on my bed.

Noah, you and Kol to my room when you are home please.

I need to make sure they are safe. I don't feel safe being alone. I just don't feel safe at all.

I waited and waited until I heard the boys come in from downstairs. About five minutes I heard Xavier with Noah come in.

Soon Noah poked his head around the door. I waved him in and Kol followed after him.

"You wanted us?" Kol asked.

"I just don't want to be alone" I said quietly.

"What's wrong?" Noah asked me.

"I-I just don't leave me" I said to both my little brothers.

Kol got under the covers next to me and Noah got in next to Parker. Kol wrapped his around me.

"I promise I'll keep you safe." I said before I fell asleep.