Chapter 36 - "Swirling Around."

My Over Protective Brothers. Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.

"You have to do what is right for yourself. Nobody else is walking in your shoes." – Unknown.

****

Today was the day I go and see Liam. I've just been thinking over and over again what am I going to ask him? Or what is he going to say? These questions have been swirling around in my head.

I looked over at Bennett in the driver's seat with his hands clenched on the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white. The drive was about two hours to the prison. His jaw was clenching and un-clenching.

"Ben I am going to be fine." I reassured him.

"I just don't want him seeing you ever again. I just don't want you hearing something. I just don't want you speaking to him." He finally got out.

"I know Ben, I know." I frowned.

I let us sit in the silence. I wanted to turn on the radio but my thoughts were too loud in my head.

I watched as the trees flew by and becoming a blur. I snuggled into the neck pillow I bought along because I was hoping to at least get some sleep on the way there. I sighed and I saw Bennett's head turn my way.

"You okay Aspen?" I heard him asked.

"Yeah I'm good." I smiled at him. He nodded but carried on driving.

I must of fallen asleep because next thing I know I am being shaken. "Wake up Aspen." A soft voice said. I fluttered my eyes open and looked to see Bennett smiling slightly at me.

I stretched and got out the car. I looked around and saw high brick walls with barbed wire lining the top off it. I gulped and looked at the guard towers and saw the guards.

I felt an arm around my shoulder, I looked up at Bennett. "You don't have to do this. We can head straight back home." He said.

I looked back to the Prison, "No I want to do this." I nodded.

I linked my arm with his arm and walked towards the entrance. Bennett showed the guard the paperwork the Prison sent over to him. They leadc us to a room.

I looked around and there was a table with a hook on it. Chairs on either side. There was one big window near the door where the guard who took us here was standing.

I began fiddling with my hands and they were shaking slightly. Bennett was sitting up straight and one hand on the back off my chair.

We must off been waiting for about 20 minutes before I heard the door open. I lifted my head and Liam walked in. He was wearing an orange jumpsuit and handcuffs attached to his legs and wrist. They walked him in and cuffed him to the table.

I took in his features. He had several bruises that dotted his face and arms. His lip was busted and had a cut on his eyebrow. His lips were curled up in a smirk.

"Oh baby you came to see me." He grinned.

"Hello." My voice came out a bit shaky.

"I see you bought your bodyguard." He chuckled.

"Shut your trap, she wants to asks you some questions." Bennett sneered.

Liam just laughed but not once did he take his eyes off me. "I see you are looking somewhat well. But please go ahead and ask your questions."

"Why did you do it?" I said void off any emotion.

"Beat you?" I nodded. "Because you were going to leave me. You was going to find someone better. And you are mine."