Chapter 10 - "Never like me back."

My Over Protective Brothers. Copyright © 2015. All Rights Reserved.

"In Spite of Everything, I Still Believe People Are Really Good At Heart" – Anne Frank.

*****

I walked into Derek's room and say lay down on his bed waiting for him to notice me. He was sat right in front of his laptop doing some geeky hacking shit he does. I coughed to get his attention but nothing. Nada. I coughed again a little bit louder again nothing.

I walked behind him and started to tickle his sides. He fell of the chair laughing his head of like a maniac.

"O-kay Aspen e-enough" he choked out tears rolling down his face.

"Okay okay" I stopped and walked back over to his bed and patted to spot next to me. "So feel free to stop me if I'm wrong but you like Sawyer?"

Derek started to choke. I patted his back really hard which I think I hurt him anyway. "Urm where did you get that idea from?"

"I don't know maybe you are giving each other googly eyes which makes me sick. And it is just obvious bro" I lightly punched his shoulder.

"I think I do, but she'll never like me back" He sighed.

"Are you shitting me right now?" I smack his head and muttered "Stupid idiot"

"So she does like me?" He grinned. I nodded at him. "So what have I got to do?" he asked me.

God this conversation seems very similar to the one I had with Noah. "Ask her out on a date idiot"

"Oh yeah right my bad" He chuckled.

"Well my work is done here" rubbing my hands together. I stood up and walked to the door but stopped. "By the way you're a dick" I smiled.

I ran out his room when I heard him running behind me. I ran downstairs and nearly got to the bottom when he jumped on me, while I'm still on the stairs. My head hit the wooden floor and I felt something wet trickle down my face. It touched my lip and it was bleeding I felt around my face and felt my nose and eyebrow bleeding. I groaned because I had taken all the weight of Derek jumping on me.

"Oh shit Aspen I'm sorry" He said rolling of me.

"I'm going to fucking kill you Derek" I straddled him and started to strangle him.

"I-m s-sorry" He started to turn purple. My blood was trickling down onto Derek's chest.

"Look what you done you asshole" I shouted, squeezing tighter on his neck.

"I know I'm s-sorry" I felt bad when he started wheezing.

"I'm sorry my anger got in the way" I rolled of him. I lifted up my top and tried to stop the blood. "Help me up"

He picked me up bridal style and carried me into the kitchen where Xavier and Noah was. Xavier was the first to notice me.

"What the hell happened?" He basically shouted.

Derek looked at me and started to speak but I cut him off "I fell down the stairs" Derek started to speak again but I glared at him and shook my head.

"Yeah I was walking down the stairs and saw her fall" He said.

"Well you don't need stitches but just be careful Aspen" Xavier said and started cleaning my face.

He finished cleaning and shooed me off. I walk to my room and lay down on my bed staring at the ceiling. I looked at the picture next to my bed of my parents and my brothers on summer day. How happy we all looked and how hard my parent's death hit us all. I admire Bennett because he had to put everything on hold to look after us. He has been a dad to us, making sure we are all happy. Even though all my brothers tease me I love them all.

I like Tyler but if I had to choose between him and my brothers, it will always be my brothers.