Chapter 29 - "Five Days."

My Over Protective Brothers. Copyright © 2015. All Rights Reserved.

"Hearts are breakable and I think even if you heal, you're never what you were before." Unknown.

****

Bennett's POV.

I've been here for five days and she still hasn't woken up. I can't eat or sleep or do anything. The brothers come around every day. I just miss her, her smile or her bratty attitude.

"Damn it Aspen, five days I can't stand it anymore." As if she heard what I said her hand twitched in mine. "Do it again, squeeze my hand," She done it again and groaned. "Come on baby girl, you can do it. Open them eyes." Her eyes slowly fluttered open slowly, once they were fully open she winced from the brightness.

I quickly ran over to dim the lightly. I held her hand again and her big blue eyes were looking directly at me. "B-bennett?" She whispered.

I nodded my head, "Yeah it's me." I kissed her forehead. She tried to wrap her arms around me but she couldn't. "You in pain?" I asked her.

"No, no I just want you to hold me," She said in a baby voice.

I couldn't help but think she is exactly like mum. "I'm going to get the doctor first," I let go off her hand and began walking.

I heard her heart rate on the monitor increase. "NO NO BEN DON'T LEAVE ME PLEASE, PLEASE BENNETT." She started shouting. She began struggling. I ran back over and pushed her back down gently, I heard people come in and nurses began rushing to her trying to hold her down.

I got on the bed behind her and wrapped my arms around her shoulder. "I'm not leaving okay, I'm not leaving you." I heard her sob and hug my arms that were around her.

I saw the doctor come in a frown. "Hi Aspen, I'm Doctor Sam. Are you in any pain at all?" She nodded. He asked her where and she pointed to her ribs, her legs and her throat. The doctor handed her a glass of water and she greedily drank it.

"I'm going to get you some painkillers, but you need to refrain from moving around okay?" He said.

"Okay" She whispered quietly.

He nodded and walked out. She leaned back into me and hugged my arms tighter.

Soon a nurse walked in and handed Aspen her pills.

"Aspen," I said her name.

"Hmm" She said.

"Your brothers, Ty and that want to see you" I said quietly.

She turned her head too look at me, her face was so bruised, one off her eyes were basically shut. "You won't leave me right?"

"I wouldn't dream of it," I heard her yawn. "Are you tired?" She just nodded and rested her head against my chest.

"How long was I asleep for?"

"Five days," She just nodded.

I kicked off my shoes and brought the covers up to cover us. I didn't have the heart to move Aspen, so I just lent back against the pillows. I soon heard her snoring softly. I placed a soft kiss to her forehead.

I heard the door creak open and I held Aspen tighter but when I saw who it was I loosened my grip slightly.

"Hey bro, how she doing?" Xavier asked.

"She is doing okay I think." I shrugged.

He walked over and kissed her cheek. "She has quite a grip on your arm there," He laughed softly and sat in the chair next to the bed.

"She just keeps saying for me not to leave her, I-I just don't know what we are going to do." I frowned.

"I don't want her to shut us out, last time was horrible." He leaned back into the chair rubbing his temple.

"How are the others?"

"Parker is throwing a fit and Brett trying to calm him down. Hayden and Gray are looking after Derek and the twins. Hunter is beating himself up, Ty is beyond worried. I think he will actually help her, I think he really likes her." He said.

"I know but he is gonna have to take things slow with her. Hunter he saved Aspen and I will forever thank him for that. When she wakes up bring Parker but you have to tell him before, you have to Xavier." I looked at him.

"I know, I know. But he is hot tempered like his older brother." He wiggled his eyebrows like me.

"Come on man you all know we got that from dad, every single one off us. All thought Noah is like calm before the storm." We both laughed which caused Aspen to stir in my arms.

"Benny?" I heard her little voice.

"I'm still here, so is Xavier." She turned her head to look at him.

She bowed her head down and began sobbing. "I'm so s-sorry. I j-just wanted to protect you all. He had men that w-were going to hurt you. I'm sorry, so sorry."

Xavier grabbed her face and looked at her in the eye. "They have all his men locked up. We can protect ourselves Aspen, we are supposed to protect you not the other way round. Liam is gone, he is gone forever."

"He-he is gone?"

"Yeah baby girl he is gone." She just gave us a small smile and nod.

She hugged Xavier and me with one arm around each of us.

"You know mum and dad would be proud off you both. Bennett you found Brett and Xavier is in the SWAT team and head off a squad. They are looking down on you both with grins on their faces saying 'That's my boy's'." She mimicked dad's voice and the end which made us both laugh.

"Or he would say 'Who dare hurt my baby girl'." Xavier said through his laugh.

"I miss them." I said quietly.

"Me too." Aspen and Xavier said.

Aspen began moving but I stopped her. "What are you doing?"

"Going toilet." She blushed.

I picked her up and she squealed. I sat her on the toilet. "Are you okay to do your business?"

"Yes go away I'm not a baby." She scowled at me.

I waited for her to finish until she called out for me. I picked her up and helped her back into the same position we was before.

"Go to sleep kid, I'll wake up when the others arrive."

i