Chapter 33

"I'm getting married!" I yelled out to Rebekah as I grabbed her shoulders and started jumping up and down.

"What's with all the commotion?" Klaus asked as he walked into the room. I wrapped him into a hug as I was still jumping up and down.

"I'm getting married!" I said excitedly. "And better yet, I'm getting married to Elijah!" I said as I never faltered in my jumping. "I'm going to be your sister-in-law!" I said again and ran over to kol as he walked into the room clearly amused. "I'm getting married!" I said again running out the room. "To Elijah Michaelson!" I yelled as my words echoed off the walls.

time skip.

"hey guys guess what?" I asked Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena as I leaned over their table at the grill.

"What?" All of them asked at the same time.

"I'm getting married!" I squealed before running out of the grill before they could respond. I ran into Stefan and I looked up at him grinning before my smile dropped and realization hit me.

I am getting married...and my brother is not here to see it, I thought to myself.

"Are you alright?" Stefan asked when he noticed no one was around to see his emotions coming through.

"I'm fine." I mumbled numbly before walking around. "fine...just fine." I said before walking down the side walk.

my phone rang and I answered it with out looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

"You never said who would be your maid of honor." Rebekah said and I nodded before realizing she couldn't see me.

"You are" I mumbled and the other line went silent.

"I thought you would be happier, what happened to you jumping off the walls?" She asked concerned "Are you ok?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I said into the phone trying to sound happier. "I cant wait for the ball tonight. I'll see you there." I said and she mumbled an ok as we both hung up.

flashback.

"Promise me something." Silas said as we walked next to each other in the woods. I was not supposed to be out side as I got sick from close to anything. but I wanted to go out side and see the stars. it was my 16th birthday after all.

"Anything." I said smiling at my older brother.

"let me be the one to give you away on your wedding day." He said seriously.

"I am most likely not getting married. who would want me?" I asked him raising an eyebrow.

"You will find someone. though of course as brotherly duty I have to approve of course. so promise me." He said as he looked directly at me. "I'll be the one to give you away." He said and I nodded and he took me hand.

"Only if you promise me something." I stated.

"Anything." He said back making me chuckle.

"Don't ever give me away for real. ok?" I asked and he squeezed my hand.

"Of course, you have nothing to worry about. I'll never leave you." He started.

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise." He said 

end of flashback

a single tear ran down my cheek as I sat in front of my tree in the middle of the large woods.

"you promised." I mumbled taking in a shaky breath and leaning against the tree and looking up at the sky as it grew dark.