chapter 37

I know this story is on hold. But I promised someone I would update this story. It's been a while so I had to go back and 're read the last chapter. So here it goes.

"Give me love like her. Cause lately I've been waking up alone" I hummed with the lyrics and looked around to see all the decorations.

"Samantha?" Elijah asked.

"Hmm?" I turned my head to look at him and held on to his hands more tightly.

"What are you looking at?"

"Well right now I am looking at the most handsome man in this world. And also I was looking at the decorations. Though you could technically be considered one." I said and let my eyes scan down his body. "Nice suit by the way." Elijah smiled in amusement and twirled me.

"Mm. Why thank you. Though I am nothing compared to the beautiful woman dancing with me." Elijah whispered in my ear.

I shook my head at him and rolled my eyes.

"You are the most cheesy man I have ever met. You know that right?"

"Maybe it's you that makes me that way." He kissed my temple lightly. "But we can talk about this later. We are about to switch partners."

"Yes I know." I said and twirled out of his arms and into another's.

"I remember the last time we danced together." Damon said and I let out a huff.

"I would not consider that dancing."

"Then what would you consider it?" He asked.

"To many people in to small of a room trying to dance to very unfavorable music." I said and Damon grinned.

"Oh please it was not that bad."

"It was dreadful. The first second I walked in there I wanted to kill everyone."

"Now you're just being dramatic."

"This coming from the drama filled vampire who fell in love with his brothers girl. Twice." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"If you tell me not to touch something of course I'm going to touch it." Damon said mockingly. I rolled my eyes and hit his chest lightly.

"Ow."

"Shut up."

"You know-"

"That you can't shut up yes." Damon looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders it was there I had to say it.

"No. What I was going to say was that I also remember the first time we danced."

"Now that was an interesting evening." I hummed and Damon nodded his head.

Flashback.

I was walking around with a drink in my hand though I had yet to drink any of it. My black and silver dress swayed when I walked and I had a small mask that was big enough just to cover my eyes and nose. My hair was up, hiding the strap that held my mask. And my eyes had been searching the room wildly. But on the out side I was calm as can be.

My eyes stopped suddenly when I saw the person I had been looking for. My brothers doppelganger. Or also known as Stefan Salvatore. He was currently talking with someone I had assumed to be a vampire. For there was blood on the side of his shirt that he was covering with the suit if his jacket.

This was a vampire dance. Not many have ever been held, because of vampire hunters. But they were started to come back. Though I gave it a month in the least before they would started to crash and burn, literally.

Though this was not my first time seeing Mr Salvatore. I had followed katerina and she led me right to him. The only thin I could not go waltzing right in. So I had left. Coming back a couple years later this is what I get. A vampire Stefan. Or most would him a ripper.

"Excuse me." A guy's voice said and I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned my head to see and tall guy with pale blue eyes and black hair. "Would you like to dance?" He asked.

"I'm not one to dance with strangers." I said bowing politely.

"Oh my apologies. I'm Damon Salvatore. Maybe I have this dance now?" He asked with a smirk.

Salvatore. Huh.

"Yes you may." I said and took his hand.

"I did not catch you name."

"I don't remember throwing it." I smirked. "I'm Samantha."

"Is there a last name to that?" He asked as we started to dance.

"Not one you will be hearing."

"Not to be rude. But how old are you exactly. In vampire years of course." Damon said and I got the feeling he didn't usually talk This way. He seemed more of the sarcastic, blunt kind of person. Though him asking for my age might be one of the reasons he hasn't said anything to out there. He wants to know if I'm older than him or not

"I am 1904 years old."

"As in the year 1904?" He asked raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yes."

End of flashback.

"I had gotten you to take your eyes of Stefan for a little while but you were determined to get to him. Only for you to not want to sleep with him but to just be friends." Damon rolled his eyes. "How boring"

"Why would I- you know what. Just be quiet Damon."