Chapter 36

I didn't realize how bad this story was until I read over it. Ill try to work on making this story better. But it you would like to check out my other stories that would be really appreciated.

We made it to the dance, or ball. whatever you wanted to call it.

"Samantha," Ester said as she was now standing beside me.

"Hello, Ester." I nodded my head to her and she gave me a small smile.

"I did not think you would have come back to my family. We both know how heartbreaking it was last time. How long do you plan on staying anyways?" She asked me and I turned to her.

"I don't plan on leaving them this time." I turned to look at Rebekah who was with Kol at the moment then walked over to Matt. "I'm done running. I plan on finding my brother and to spend the rest of my life with your son, Elijah."

"Ah, yes. I remember you two always being together back then. I am glad to see those feelings have not changed... even after all these years."

"We are mates after al. It would make sense." I watched Ester's facial expression to see she was surprised by this news. "He asked me to marry him."

"Yes, I heard about the proposal. I am happy for you. To the happiness you deserve." She raised her glass in the air to me then to her lips.

""2000 years." Ester took a spit take when I reminded her of my age. "All the years I have been living and all I wanted was to die. But now I feel as though I can finally live. I love your family, ester. They are the closest thing to a real family over all these years. Yes they have made their mistakes. But under the circumstances I am sure you would do no better." I walked away from her after nodding my head to her. I felt a hands on my waist and turned to see Damon was standing next to me.

"You look Beautiful, Samantha. Congrats on the proposal by the way. Though it is sad when I have to hear about it from Barbie Klaus and not you." Damon said and I turned to look at him.

"I am sorry, damon. I had a lot on my mind and did not get around to telling you." I said giving him a hug.

"It's fine, Samantha. I understand." He whispered in my ear.

"Mr. Salvatore. Glad to see you could make it." Elijah said and I felt Elijah's hands on my waist. Damon let go of me and I was automatically pressed against Elijah's chest.

" Glad to be here." Damon said sarcastically. "Though." he got very serious suddenly. "If you hurt her I will fine a white oak stake, and I will kill you."

"You have nothing to worry about. Though the same goes for you mister Salvatore." Elijah said and held onto my more, which I didn't think was possible. "I have to go make an announcement." He whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." I turned to kiss him on the lips.

"PDA." Damon said covering his eyes. Elijah rolled his eyes and went to walk away but stopped to look back at me. "Are you coming, sweetheart?" He asked and held out his hand. I hesitated but then reached out and grabbed it.

"See you later, Damon." I said to damon over my shoulder.

"I'll bring the booze." He called back and I rolled my eyes. of course he would say that.

I stood on the stair case and moved next to Rebekah. I leaned over and whispered really low so only she could hear. Elijah was talking to everyone but i was not paying attention.

"We have to dance with one another this evening."

"Definitely." Rebekah whispered back and let out a small giggle. I saw people move out of the corner of my eye and turned to see everyone was leaving to the ball room.

"May I have this dance?" Elijah asked holding out his hand out to me. Rebekah grinned and pushed me forward. I knew I could have caught myself from falling but decided not to and landed in Elijah's arms.

"You may, Mr. Mikaelson." I said lowly and let a grin spread across my face. "That you may."