Chapter 67.

"What time does your flight land," Becca asked tying her shoestrings as she got ready for her Saturday morning run.

"Not until around 6 tonight," London said on the other end of the line packing her bags. " Drake should get there before me around 4 or 5."

"Okay cool, August is taking me to the gun range later today."

"That should be fun."

"How did the test go yesterday?"

Becca lowering her voice before kissing a sleeping August's cheek. She walked out the room, closing the door behind her.

"It went fine. China even came."

"Really, how was she acting?" Becca grabbed water out of the fridge before heading out the front door.

"She was mostly quiet, but spoke a little here and there."

"Well that's good.  No camera's were there to snap any photos I hope," as she started her run.

"No, not at all.  You remember my girl Tammy?"

"A little bit, she used to be your old neighbor right?"

"Yeah, well she opened up her own women's care center.  So we went there late last night and did the test."

"Well that's good you have connections,"  Becca started to speed up to a run. "Sis, text me when you board your flight later on.  I'm about to get into this run."

"Girl, you do not need to work out, August be working that ass out enough in bed." London busted out laughing. "But get your run on, talk to you later." 

They said their goodbyes and Becca went into a full run as her work out playlist blared Santigold.

Before long she was 2 miles into her run.  As she made her way on the path around the lake, she felt someone behind her.  She ignored it and just pushed harder as she sprinted around the curve.

Another mile went past before she decided to stop at a bench and rest.

"Hey Rebecca," a deep voice whispered behind her ear causing her to jerk her head around as she prepared to swing.

Becca aint a fighter, but she would be today.

When she saw who it was, she softened her face, but still had the look of curiosity.

"Odd running into you here Devin. Of all the neighborhoods in Buckhead, we happened to be in the same area?"

"About to knock my ass out I see"

"My house is on the lake and I saw you run past so I thought I would join you," he smiled

"Uh okay," she said a little uncomfortably.

"I'm just kidding," he laughed. "I just wanted to say hello since I spotted you."

She sighed in relief, "I thought you were stalking me."

"Do I look like I need to be stalking any women," he said showing off his smile.

"You're cocky I see."

"Not cocky, just confident," he laughed.

"Well Mr. Confident, I'm going to get going my fiancé August and I have an appointment."

"Okay cool, I also wanted to give you these." He handed her several VIP passes to his last season game. "This is for taking my daughter out."

"Thank you Devin," she graciously smiled taking the tickets. "We will definitely try to come to the game."

"Good. Well have a great weekend, maybe I will join you on your run next," he smiled jogging backwards towards his huge lakeside property.

"Not a chance," she said to herself laughing.

She knew better....

Becca put her music back on a headed back home.

Somewhere in the distance, a man watched Becca. As Becca reached her street, he made a phone call.

"Sir, she is almost back home."

"Anything to report?" The deep voice on the other end asked.

"She was speaking to a man who approached her. I believe he is a Atlanta Falcons player. I recognized his face."

"Oh really?  Okay thanks for the update."

"No problem." The man said. "Have a good day sir."

***
London arrived back to Tammy's office after receiving the unexpected call.

"So what's up Tammy," London asked from the opposite side of the office table. "I didn't expect to hear from you so fast." She laughed.

"Well I went ahead and had a colleague test the blood samples this morning for me and he was able to send me the results."

London's heart started to speed up, her palms started to sweat. She was not expecting this and she was very nervous.

"So what does it say?"

Tammy held the paper in front of her as she read over the information then looked back at London.

"Well reading over the genetic markers, it looks like Male A is the father and Male A is..."

"Chris," London said in almost a whisper.

London looked down as her life felt like it was flashing by. The clock on the wall was ticking louder, the sterile smell of the office filled her nose, she felt a bead a sweat form on her head.

"London," Tammy yelled finally getting Lo's attention back.

London looked up at her with a blank stare.

"Are you okay?" Tammy asked in a worried tone. "I know this isn't the results you wanted but I know everything will be okay."

London ignored her as she stared out the window watching cars ride past.

London brought her focus back to the doctor, "Tammy, I need to change the results of that test...." London looked at her with a serious face.

She was not about to accept these results. And she was not leaving until Male A was changed to Male B. Making Drake the father.
____________

Vote and Comment for next chapter!!!

-Lys💜

Revised 9/2019