Chapter 71.

"My nigga you got people tryna break into your shit now?" Drake said as he walked beside August as they made there way to the side door that was slightly ajar in the kitchen.

"I don't know but they are going to regret it," August said looking around trying to find what caused the alarm to sound off. "They picked the wrong nigga to fuck with."

As they reached the door, a figure came into the door way. August cocked his gun. He would be damned if he came to Atlanta only for someone try to run up in his house with his family inside.

When the person saw a gun being pointed at them, they immediately started screaming, "NIGGA DON'T SHOOT, IT'S ME!"

Drake flipped the light switch to find Chris standing with his hands up.

"Yo what is wrong with you," August said putting his gun down pulling his brother completely into the house before shutting the door. "you must have been ready to meet death."

"Jesus," Chris said grabbing his chest.  He knew August was really going to shoot. "I called you like 10 times to tell you I was on my way.  So I was trying doors to see if any door was unlocked."

August looked at him like "really".

"Yeah I know you wouldn't have a door unlocked, but I remember Becca telling me about the spare key in between the loose brick. So I unlocked the door and went back to the car to get my suitcase, but then that dumbass alarm went off."

August and Drake just shook their head, "Ain't you stayin' downtown?"

Chris was about to speak but August put his hand up, "You know what, I don't care right now, I'm hella tired so you can explain the rest later."

August was mad as hell as he walked away, but then he doubled back, "and give me my damn key."  Chris handed August the spare key while following him out the kitchen.

"I don't know why Becca had this out there anyway," he said going up the staircase.

"Aye B, y'all can come out, it was just Chris's bighead ass not being smart," August yelled as he reached the top step.

Becca swung the door open with her gun pointed.

"Damn girl," August said backing up from  the door "I said it was good."

"I have to be prepared, you could have gotten punk'd and they made you say that."

August looked at Becca in shock.  He was surprised she would think that would ever happen.  August would die before directing harm towards her or Kimberly.

"Clearly you and Chris have been drinking the same water," August walked past Becca and picked up Kimberly. He softened his face when lookedat his Angel," sorry Uncle Chris scared you baby girl."

"What's Chris doing here," Lo asked curiously.  She just saw him earlier in the evening and wasn't planning on seeing him again.

"'Your guess is as good as mine.  He is in the guest room down the hall.  Drake is back in the room.

Lo nodded her head as she kissed Kimberly's forehead before heading out the room, but not before stopping in front of Becca, "We are going to talk about this little girl," she said shifting her eyes towards the gun in Becca's hand before walking out.

"You want to sleep with us," Becca asked looking at Kimberly.

"Nah she good," August spoke for her. "You can go to the room, I'm going to put her to sleep."

August wasn't speaking in his usual sweet fiancé tone he usually spoke in. He didn't even look at her.

"Okay," Becca said in a low tone. She kissed Kimberly's cheek and walked back to their bedroom.