Chapter 86.

The day flew by as Becca was able to get work done, London made it safely to Houston and August was on his way to get Kimberly from school.

"You sure everything was burned and all cameras destroyed?" August asked as he pulled up to Kimberly's school.

"Yup. None of this can be traced to you," Kareem said on the other end of the phone.

"Alright cool. When are you and the fam coming down to visit?"

"Soon. You know my shorty just gave birth to my prince and doing the whole baby bonding thing."

"Oh yeah man. He is about 2 months old right?"

"Yup, my greatest achievement in life."

"That's great man. Becoming a dad to Kimberly was the greatest feeling for me. God willing, I'll have that feeling again soon."

"It will. Just wait on it. But Ima get at you later. I'm on a diaper mission for wifey."

August laughed, "Okay. Tell Bianca I said hello."

"I will."

They hung up just as August reached Kimberly's class room. She was putting her things away when August crept behind her. He put his finger to his mouth as he signaled to the giggling kids to not say anything.

"What are you doing lil girl," he said tickling Kimberly.

"Daddy!!! What are you doing here!"

"I came to surprise you and take you to Sweet Frog before ballet class."

"Yay!!!!" Kimberly skipped to her cubby to unhook her backpack so they could leave and have their daddy- daughter time.

*****
A storm was rolling through Atlanta, but Becca was able to get in the house before a down pour. It was almost 7 so she knew Kimberly would be getting dropped off shortly.

She took this time to catch up on reality tv and to start dinner so August could eat as soon as he got home.

Becca decided to make honey glazed salmon with broccoli and yellow rice.

She whipped up dinner in no time.

As she turned the stove off, she saw a car pull up with a man running in the pouring rain to the door with a little girl in a tutu.

"Hey guys," she said opening the door for Kimberly and Devin.

Kimberly ran in but Devin stayed outside.

"I'm not staying long. Tiara has to pee and my mom is at my house." Devin said putting his hood back over his head.

Becca laughed, "Okay, we will catch up tomorrow. Have a good evening."

"You too."

Devin ran back to the car.

"Did you have fun in class today," Becca asked shutting and locking the front door.

"Class was really fun. I can't wait until my recital. And guess what," Kimberly said as if a thought popped in her head.

"What up pretty girl," Becca said pulling out plates.

"Daddy surprised me at school today. He took me for ice cream before ballet.

"Is that right! I know you enjoyed that. He should be home shortly," she said looking for headlights. "Go get cleaned up and put your pjs on before dinner."

Kimberly went to her room leaving Becca to finish up in the kitchen.

Just then her phone started ringing. She already knew who it was.

"Hello?"

"Sup baby."

"Hey handsome, you on the way home yet? Dinner is ready."

"Yeah, i should be there in about 20 minutes."

"Okay boo."

"Thank you for closing out the books for me last night."

"No problem babe. That's what I'm here for," she said. "Everyone is so sweet. Maybe I can come in sometimes to teach a meditation class."

Becca didn't have a chance to hear what August thought of the idea.

Just then she thought she heard a noise from a room on the other side of the house.

She pulled the phone away from her ear to see if she could hear anything, but it was silent so she shrugged it off.

"My bad I thought I heard something in the sunroom," she said putting the phone back to her ear.

"I told you to get those ears checked." August laughed.

"You better cut it out. You're gonna come home to no food.

"Noooo baby, I'm just playin'. " August continued laughing. 

Just then Becca heard glass break in the same room she heard a noise in. She flung her head in the direction of the noise and saw a shadow.

"What was that," August said hearing the glass break as well.

She walked slowly out the kitchen seeing the reflection of two men from a picture in the hall.

"August! Someone is in the house," she said in a whisper as she quietly ran out the kitchen and up the stairs to her room.

"Quit playing Rebecca," August said hoping she was kidding.

"I'm dead serious right now August," she said making her way to Kimberly's room,  locking the door behind her. Her heart was beating out of her chest.

"WHAT! Okay okay baby just stay calm. I'm speeding down the highway." August said going in and out of traffic as his heart raced. "Where is Kimberly and where are you?"

"We are in Kimberly's bedroom." Becca was trying hard to get Kimberly to stop asking what's wrong. At the same time she was trying not to freak out her damn self. "August I don't have my gun. I didn't go to the room and get it"

She was cussing herself internally thinking about the matte purple piece August gifted her a few months back.

"Its okay baby. Just hold on. I'm coming."

________________

-Lys💜