Chapter 70

August pulled up to the house in the woods, cut his engine and pulled his piece.  He doesn't go anywhere with out it anymore.

At the same time the other guys pulled up.

"So how are things lookin out there," August asked as the three men dropped bags of money on the table.

"Things are better than alright," Carter said grinning.

Carter is the right hand to August.

"It was genius idea to hit up corporate America instead of going after people in the hood."

"Nah, no need to get people spending their whole paychecks when we can make top dollar from the business men and women of these multi million dollar companies," August said putting the stacks of money into the safe as the other men counted. "They are bigger feens than hood nigggas."

"Cam is going to be pleased with our sales," Jeremiah said smirking.  He was second behind Carter.

"No doubt,  but with me runnin' shit down here, it shouldn't be a surprise," August laughed grippin' Carter up.

"It's crazy how you were able to get back into this business like you ain't neva left," Niko, the youngest and also August's protégé said.

"You never forget what made you," August said looking at Niko's eager to learn eyes. "That's why I'm making sure that I teach you right if this is really what you want to get into." He said pointing at Niko while holding thick stack of money.

"I 'preciate it man. I'm grateful Cam sent me down here to learn under you."

"No problem." August said not taking his eyes off the money. "Let's finish this up so I can get home to my girls."

"I got a few bad chicks in town comin to the crib. Y'all tryna come through," Carter said talking to Niko and Jeremiah.

"I'm down."

"Me too."

They finished locking the money up before leaving. August would deposit all the money when he made drops for the gym. Everything was handled through August's business to make sure everything looked clean in the books. All of August's workers were listed under his business as private contractors and also paid just like the company employees.... Just a lot more 😊

****
August made a stop on his way home to the airport to pick up Drake.

"Wud up bro," Drake said hoppin in Augusts whip.

"Ain't shit,  how was the flight?"

"Good. I had this fine ass flight attendant who was trying to get me in the bathroom, but I was not about to get caught up. Can't do that to my baby Lo."

August didn't say anything just nodded his head. He thought about his conversation with Chris.

"Im so ready to lay up in the bed with Lo, I've been livin in the studio man."

"I can tell," August laughin. "Murkin niggas." They laughed as they both knew August was referencing Drakes diss tracks towards Meek Mill.

"I'm not enough finished teaching that nigga a lesson."

"I hear that my nigga, you  think he will say anything else," August asked.

"I could careless about his weak ass. All I know is that I'm going to bury him," Drake smirked.

"How?" August asked tryna get all the details.

"All I'ma say is what a time to be alive," Drake held a huge grin on his face as he closed his eyes leaning his seat back.