Chapter 82

August and Becca woke up to people laughing and conversing downstairs. Also the smell of bacon and pancakes filled the air.

"Good morning beautiful," August said kissing the back of Becca's neck.

"Good morning," She yawned.

"I thought for sure everyone would be sleeping," Becca said. She wasn't really a morning person.

"I know right," August laughed. "We can still sleep in though."

"You know Kimberly will be knocking on that door any minute now with all that noise they're making downstairs." Becca said getting out of the bed to go brush her teeth.

Right on queue there was a tiny knock on the door, "Good morninggggg Becca and daddy. Uncle Chris said it's almost time for breakfast."

"I told you," Becca laughed from the bathroom.

August got up to open the bedroom door laughing.

"Good morning princess," he picked her up and kissed her on the cheek. "Go sit on the bed for a second. I want to talk to you about something."

"Am I in trouble? Whatever it is, I did not do it," she said trying to defend herself just in case.

"No you aren't in trouble," August said. "But I'll be right back.

He went into the bathroom to brush his teeth and do all the other hygiene things.

He and Becca came out the bathroom and sat on the bed with Kimberly.

"So London told me that you had some questions yesterday at your lunch," Becca said.

"Oh that," she said looking down.

"Its okay that you have questions baby girl ," August said. "You know you can always ask whatever you want and we will answer the best we can."

"You want to know why I was crying  and what baby I was talking to daddy about right," Becca asked.

Kimberly nodded her head.

"Well, I was pregnant like London, but God decided he wasn't ready for me to carry a baby yet and so the baby did not make it," Becca said looking to see if Kimberly was understanding.

She didn't say anything so Becca continued.

"So I was a little upset about why He didn't think I could do it ," Becca wiped a tear that tried to escape from her eye. August rubbed her back trying to soothe her.

Kimberly was quietly trying to put everything together in her mind.

"So what do you mean it did not make it?" Kimberly asked confused.

Becca looked down.

"The uhh.. the baby went to heaven...like mommy,"  August was able to get out. He felt his throat tightening when he said this though.

Kimberly big brown eyes started watering then turned into falling tears, "so I won't be a big sister anymore? Why did God take away two people I didn't get to meet daddy. Why did he take my mommy and now my baby sister or brother."

Kimberly hugged Becca and August as she cried. That broke August and Becca. Becca was really crying now and August also shed a tear. This is something he could not protect Kimberly from. The pain of losing someone.

"It's okay baby," Becca said wiping her eyes sitting up. "You want to know what I think about that makes me not so sad?"

Kimberly wiped her eyes with the back of her hand as she nodded her head.