Chapter 77

"Take it easy getting out the car B," August said rushing over to open the door and help Rebecca out the car.

"I'm fine. Really I am," Becca said even though her shoulder was on fire. She couldn't wait to get in the house and take a pain killer. August would probably have carried her if he knew she was in pain.

"The door is unlocked. Let me get your things out the back seat," August said kissing her forehead before letting her walk off to the front door.

"Aww my baby," Becca's mom said swinging the front door open with tears in her eyes.

"Mommyyyyy," Becca said crying seeing her mom. It had been three months since she'd seen her. "What are you doing here."

"August and Drake called telling me you and your sister got into an accident. I got on the first flight leaving DC to Atlanta,"

"Where is London? I haven't seen her since we got into the accident," Becca said.

"She is resting in bed. I want you to do the same," her mom said as she followed Becca to the living room.

"Welcome home!!!" August's mom said coming out the kitchen with a big smile on her face

Becca smiled at her, "hi mama Sheila." 

Sheila gave her a hug that may have been a little more tighter than intended because Becca winced in a little pain.

"Oh lord. Im sorry sweetie l didn't mean to squeeze so hard," Sheila said

"It's okay mama," Becca said smiling. She didn't want Sheila feeling bad.

"I'm going to find my sister." She said walking towards the stairs.

"She is in her room," Her mom said.

Becca walked up her marble staircase towards her sister's room. Her door was cracked so just as she was about to knock she heard another voice in the room.

"Daddy is so blessed you are okay in there," Drake said talking to Londons belly.

London laughed watching Drake.

"I would lose my mind if something happened to you," he said kissing her bulging belly.

Rebecca listened outside the door as she looked down at her own stomach which was flat.

London caught a glimpse of Becca in the doorway, "Becca is that you? Come in."

Becca open the door wider and put on a false smile, "I don't want to interrupt anything."

"Don't be silly." she said patting the bed next to her.

"Ill leave y'all be," Drake said getting off the bed. He kissed London and gave Becca a warm embrace.

Becca sat on the bed next to London, "how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Especially knowing the baby is okay. But that accident was crazy," London said

"Yeah it was," Becca said looking down.

"I can tell something is on your mind," London said reading the sad vibe Becca was giving off. "I know the accident was a lot to handle."

"I don't want to talk about it right now," Becca said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"You know you can talk to me sis.   I don't want you feeling any type of way about this accident. It was not your fault," London said rubbing Becca's back.

"It's deeper than the accident London," Becca said as she softly sniffled looking down.

"Well what is it sis," she said grabbing her sisters hands. She was getting worried about what was on Beccas mind.

Becca took a deep breath, "I um... I had a miscarriage." She said feeling sick by even having to say that out loud.

"Oh Rebecca," London pulled her little sister into a hug. She didn't know what else to say. There was nothing she could say to make her feel better at that moment.

"I don't even know what to think. God blessed me to carry a baby and I was irresponsible to not even know and then I lost the baby's life," Becca said muffling into her sisters bushy golden hair.

"Listen to me," London said pulling apart looking into the younger version of herself, "none of this is your fault.  It's the fault of the mothafuckas who hit us. And I know August will not stop until he gets revenge on who did this."

"I know, but it's just hard to think about this life I was carrying that I no longer have," Becca said wiping away her tears as she climbed off the bed. "I'm going to go take a shower and take a nap."

"Okay but come in here whenever you need to sis," London said feeling bad for her sister.

Becca walked into her room and straight into the bathroom. She turned on the shower before stripping her clothes off.
When the bathroom was nice a steamy, she opened the door and immersed herself in the hot water.

As she let the water run down her body, she thought about everything that has happened the past couple of days.

"Baby, you good?" August asked walking into the bathroom interrupting her thoughts.

"Yeah babe," she said rinsing shampoo out of her hair.

"I don't want you walking too much right now, so I will bring dinner up to you," he said as he observed the purple and blue bruises on the side of her body. Seeing that made his blood boil.

"August I'm not handicap I can walk downstairs," Becca said slightly annoyed.

"I know babe, I just want you to rest. I will bring food up to you. Please just take the day to rest up. I will get Kimberly in a little bit and you, me, her can chill and watch movies tonight," August said sensing her annoyance. But he knew how much Becca loved having movie night.

Becca smiled to herself as she turned the water off. She knew August was just trying to protect her and be there for her, "okay, we can have movie night but I want to eat dinner with everyone. I haven't seen my mom in a while."

"Okay," August smiled handing her a towel. "You need anything? I have to make a run, but I promise to be back quickly."

"You're not going to eat dinner with all of us," she said sitting on the edge of the bathtub to rub her coconut scented lotion on her smooth skin.

"Baby I'm not going to eat or sleep until I find out who did this to you and kill them," August said.

She winced when he said kill as she walked over to her sink.  She knows August has killed in the past, but she couldn't imagine him having to do it now and for her.

"I don't want you worrying about any of this, I want you to get back to doing your thing and feeling better," He said standing behind her looking at their reflection in the mirror.

They just stood their for a moment looking at each other.

"August just be safe.  I don't want Kimberly growing up with out her father. And I can't lose you August," she said looking at him with soft eyes.

August moved her hair to the side and softly kissed the dip in her shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her waist, "I'm not going anywhere baby."

"Okay," she said as she tilted her head a little more and closed her eyes. Feeling her man's lips against her skin made all the pain go away.

She opened her eyes when she no longer felt his lips on her. August dropped his arms as he motioned to open the bathroom door to walk out, but Becca turned around and gently grabbed his hand.

"Baby don't go yet," Becca said to August as he walked back in front of her.

"Okay, I won't," he said looking at her unsure of what she wanted.  So he just wrapped his arms around here.

She wrapped her arms around him as well. She just wanted to feel his embrace a little longer.

___________

Vote and Comment for next chapter!!!

-Lys💜

Revised 9/2019