4

Ramsey

I didn't go back to the turn bus after that. I ended up staying at Keiths house and hung out with his crew.

Aubrey of course blew my phone up. 34 missed calls, 19 voice mails,  100+ texts.

I didn't respond to one.

"Ram! It's back on". I grabbed my sandwich and drink with KayKay right behind me.

Aubrey has an interview today with a popular local magazine. And it's being aired city wide.

"So Drake. Last time we sat down was like five years ago or something like that".

He smiled with his amazing teeth. "Something like that yeah".

"And back then I asked you if you had someone special and you said you hadn't found one yet. Is that still true today?"

He rubbed his bottom lip, like he usually does when he's thinking. "No I'm still single". I handed Taido, Keith's cousin, my sandwich.

"That's funny because we have a picture of you and Serena Williams kissing just last week after her tennis match. That doesn't look like you're single to me". Aubrey's eyes landed on the camera and I felt like his eyes were on me.

"It was a heat of the moment type of thing. It meant nothing really. She has a boyfriend as you know and it wasn't right for me to kiss back". His face looked guilty and remorseful. That smile he had on his face had faded; and a serious apologetic expression took its place.

I got up from my seat and looked at the face of the man I love deny me and then step on my heart by kissing a woman I can't compete with. Heat of the moment or not, she still has the upper hand.

"Bird you alright B?"

I pursed my lips and put my hands on my stomach. "Yeah I just need to go lay down".

They looked at me with worry.

My steps felt heavy as I walked.

The weight of the heartbreak were like shackles wrapped tightly around my ankles.

I made it to the guest room and flopped on the unmade bed since I just woke up a few hours before the interview started.

The covers made a protective feeling as they laid on top of me.

There was a knock on the door before Keef came walking in, then closing the door behind him. He pulled the covers back and got in with me.

"You gotta let your feelings out. You can't bury your feelings away and keep all your thoughts to yourself. How you feel? All you gotta say is the word and that cabbage patch kid head ass nigga, will be in the back of an ambulance in ten minutes". I smiled and laid my head on his chest.

"You don't have to do all that craziness. You just got out of jail you don't need to be doing no more stuff like that anymore. I just need to go away".

"Go away like how?" I shrugged.

"Like on a vacation. I think I want to go to Hawaii for a minute. I've never been there before".

A grin spread on his face.

"I can have a plane ticket for you by tomorrow".

------------------------------