28

Ramsey

I pulled her into the nearest room possible and closed the door and locked it. I put Indigo down and went over to the window to see Vince driving out the front gates.

I'm glad Jordan didn't go with him. It's like 4 four feet of snow outside.

"He's gone. Now tell me what's going on?" I looked at where I put us at. One of the guest rooms, where Jordan will be staying. She's not going home to Vince tonight, especially not after I saw the way he was looking at her.

"I can't really tell you." She sat on the bed and put her hands in her lap.

"Yes you can. You have to after the way Vince stared you down and you disappear into thin air scarring me to death. Then you magically reappear you were packed up and ready to go. I need answer." I sat in the window and waited for her response. 

"V did something really bad. I wanted to tell you sooner but you gotta promise not to tell Aubrey." I don't keep secrets from Aubrey and he doesn't either as crazy as it seems. But Jordan is no exception to the rule.

"That's a hard promise to make. You'll just have to tell me. I promise not to tell anyone but Aubrey." She sat criss cross and ran her hands through her long straight hair.

"Vince terminated Aubrey's contract with his label for money." If my jaw could hit the floor it would. "That's not all. Vince did it behind everyone's back and Wayne found out. V and Weezy got into it which made him and Baby get into it. Baby was trying to get rid of Aubrey off the young money label to get more money since he's one of the higher paid artist on the label. I guess Baby wasn't good on his word and didn't pay Vince the amount he promised. So Vince called one of his artist and made a deal with him. I tried to hear the conversation but V was whispering the whole time. From what I heard he told the person on the phone he'd sell some of Aubrey's lyrics and beats he hadn't been used yet. I don't know how much he got paid but Vince got us both new cars. He got one of for me like a pacifier. He thought the car was gonna keep me noticing all the shit he was doing. I told him I heard everything and wanted him to stop making all these deals that can ruin Aubrey's career. Thay conversation didn't go so well.  He hit me so hard I could see straight for hours. He didn't want to come here but he also didn't want me to make sure I wasn't running my mouth. But it's to late now. If he found out I told you...." She put her face in her hands.

I picked my jaw up and sat next to her. "How long has he been hitting you?"

"Since we started dating." I frowned.

"Y'all been together for what? Five years? Why didn't you tell me?" She starting to piss me off.

"I couldn't. I don't want him to get in trouble. He's got to many people depending on him." She cried Softly, leaning on my shoulder.

"Is he only doing this to Aubrey? How long ago was this?" I wanted to punch a hole in the back of her head for keeping this a secret.

"Just Aubrey since he's the most famous artist he's managing. He's been doing this for months. He's making sure to take everything in bits and pieces to make sure no one notices." I stood up and smacked the piss out of her.

"I can't believe you would keep something like that to your self! How much money do you think he's stolen?!" I balled my fist to keep from choking her to death.

She held the side of her face with tears still rolling. I felt bad for her at first but she's a got damn trader.

"I-I don't know. Maybe two million?" I took a deep breath and made a quick decision not to beat her face in.

I picked up Indi and left the room. I gotta tell Aubrey.

I was halfway down the stairs when all the lights in the house went out.

--------------------------