41

Ramsey walked down the hall with Aubrey beside her. She watched the room numbers pass by until they came around the corner and her parents were sitting outside talking.

"Mom, Dad." She said catching there attention. They looked at her and then at Aubrey.

"Hello." Her mom said in a not so happy tone. "Why are you too here? Don't you have some Internet scandal to deal with?" Aubrey pursed his lips to keep from saying the first thing on his mind. Ramsey ignored her mother and headed into the room while Aubrey sat in the hallway with her parents showing no fear.

Aubrey took his phone from his pocket and texted Sergio letting him know he was back in the states.

"I don't like you and my daughter together." Mrs. Hopkins said not holding back her feelings.

"How so? You've only met me once before this and I doubt Ramsey ever talked about me to you two." Aubrey said sitting down on the bench across from them.

"Nothing good has come from your relationship with her. All you've done is corrupt my daughter." She said getting upset. "We never get to see her. She's always traveling around and I blame it all on you."

"Of course it's my fault. I'm an entertainer. I travel all across the globe and Ramsey chooses to come with me. It's a choice she makes, I don't ever force her to be with me while my on the road."

"What does she do? Just sit around and wait for you to perform?"

"Not always. When she comes on tour with me it's a good way to continue to do love what she does. She went to school for journalism and writing, correct? And if you read the things she puts on her website about the places she's been, you'd realize she's good at what she's does." Aubrey said putting his phone back in his pocket.

"I don't believe it. She seems to busy trying to have babies and releasing sex tapes with you. It seems like you've turned her into someone we don't know anymore." Mr. Hopkins argued.

"Look I'm not here to argue with you about Ramsey. I'm here to support her." Aubrey said getting tired of sitting there already.

"What does she need support for? Her family is here?"

"Well maybe I wanted to come here with my lady because that's what I felt like doing. I didn't want her to come all the way here by herself when I know her family is gonna attack her with millions of questions about her whereabouts. I wasn't gonna allow that to happen." Aubrey said folding his arms.

"I can ask our daughter anything I damn well please." Mr. Hopkins said. "I should start by asking you about his engagement ring I've been hearing about."

Aubrey smirked. "I asked your daughter to marry me and she said yes. There's nothing more to it."

"You didn't think it would've been right to ask for my blessing?" Mr. Hopkins asked?

"Nah. You would've said no and I would've asked her anyway. So I just cut out the middle man and did it anyway."

"You stole a moment from us. I've been waiting for one of my daughters to get married and you messed it up." Mrs. Hopkins said slamming her fist on the empty seat next to her.

"It wasn't like you think. We were in bed and I just got tired of thinking of a way to make it as fairy tale book like as possible but asking her like that seemed much better. So I asked her while we were in bed and that same shock she had when I asked her there would've been the same if I asked her in front of hundreds of people. So you didn't miss much but a ring being put on her finger." Aubrey said explaining himself.

Neither one of her parents were satisfied by his answer. "Your an ass hole." Mrs. Hopkins said under her breath.

"I know. I'm sure you don't be the last to let me know that." Aubrey said.