47

"I no leave Rammy." Rowen said hugging Ramsey's tighter with tears falling.

"Can I keep her with me? She still has clothes over here." Ramsey said wiping Rowen's face. "And whatever she doesn't have I'll buy it."

"Only if it's okay with Aubrey." Reagan looked at him for a response.

"If mean I had plans to get my dic-" Ramsey elbowed him knowing what he was about to say.

"That's a yes." Ramsey said for him.

Reagan gave Aubrey a knowing look. "Don't have my niece in her scared for life."

"Oh trust me she won't." She squinted her eyes at Aubrey. "Say bye to Reagan." Rowen waved goodbye to her as Reagan stepped on the elevator.

"As soon as she starts to get on your nervous you call me and I'll come get her bad ass." The elevators closed and the down light flashed on. Aubrey locked the gate and faced the two of them. Rowen rested her head on Ramsey's shoulder sniffling. Aubrey wanted to have one more roll in the hay stack with Ramsey before he left. He was going to fly out to New York  to meet up with Sergio and Amir. Aubrey made it clear he didn't want Jade to come. Sergio understood his wishes and made sure not to tell Jade that he was meeting up with Aubrey. It was a last minute decision but Aubrey couldn't wait any longer.

Ramsey held Rowen in the air making her laugh. "No more crying." She brought her back down to her chest and attacked her with kisses. Aubrey was amazed at how good she is with Rowen. He thought back to the baby and felt a pain in his heart. The thought of what things would be like if their baby was still here hurt him. Ramsey would be nine months pregnant or at least be very close to her due date by now. Aubrey swears he has dreams about her being pregnant again 'but they're only dreams' he tells himself. If he could give his life to bring the baby back he would in a heart beat. He felt horrible since he didn't even get to touch her growing stomach or go to any doctors appointments. It almost brought him to tears if he thought about it to long. 

"Are you okay?" Ramsey asked coming up to him with Rowen on her hip. He straightened himself up and wiped his eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just need to go, um, to go lay down or something." He headed upstairs quickly. Ramsey watched him in concern and confusion.

"Rammy I'm hungwy." Rowen said pulling on the bottom of her shirt.

"Okay let's get you some breakfast." Ramsey said going to the kitchen still worried about her fiancé.

Aubrey laid face down on the bed and sighed. He wasn't super spiritual but he felt the need to pray. As much as he tried to tell himself that nothing was his fault he still felt it. The scars on Ramsey's chest and back from the bullet wounds were a constant reminder. Sometimes at night he'd lay with his hand over her stomach hoping that he'd wake up and all of it was just some nightmare.

Ramsey got Rowen settled with bowl of cereal in front of the TV. "I'll be back Wenny." Rowen was instantly stuck in the TV and didn't hear her. Ramsey jogged up the stairs and went to her bedroom to see Aubrey laying across the bed. "Baby?" She called out. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm just tired that's all." Ramsey sat on the bed next to him.

"Dont lie. You look upset." She rubbed his chest.

"Not so much upset. Just seeing you with Rowen made me think about if the baby was still here." Ramsey stopped rubbing his chest for a second.

"There's nothing wrong with that. I think about still being pregnant all the time. Every time i see a baby hear a baby i just think about ours. Like I think about what it would look like or if it had your nose, just little stuff like that." Ramsey laid next to him and stared at the ceiling.

"Its just everytime I think about it I start thinking of ways I could've prevented everything."

"I've told you a million times that there was nothing you could do. It wasn't your fault. Theres always a next time for us. Well, a next for me... You have a son, just a few states away. Now that you know about him you can continue on what you missed out. Think of him as a second chance. Just like hopefully we'll get a second chance to have a baby."

Aubrey looked at Ramsey and didn't realize how this might effect her. "Baby I didn't think about how you felt in all this. Im sorry."

"Its fine. Im a little jealous, thats all." She was more than a little jealous she was envious. He opened his arms to her and she laid in them. Ramsey wasn't gonna let a tear slip. Crying over the baby wasnt gonna fix anything, it'll just make her feel worse. She was gonna remain positive while Aubrey on the other hand was left feeling horrible.

"You gone to long." Rowen said coming into the room with the bowl of cereal. Ramsey peeked over Aubreys arm and laughed to see Rowen standing there with a hand on her hip. "Im coming." She got up from Aubrey's arms and followed Rowen out the door.

Aubrey sat up on the bed and stared at his empty suitcases and sighed. "I guess I'll start packing."

--------------------------