23

Third person

Aubrey paced the length of the room with Ramsey and Indigo watching his every move.

"Baby." Ramsey tried calling out to him but he was to into his own thoughts.

He held his phone to his to chin trying not to react on his first instinct. He wanted to call Jade and cuss her out but knew that would be going in the wrong direction.

Aubrey was caught between emotions. He didn't know if he was mad, sad, or happy. He didn't know weather to cry, break some shit, or laugh at the fact that he couldn't believe Jade would do some shit like this.

"Come here. You're gonna drive yourself crazy." Ramsey crawled to the foot of the bed and grabbed the sleeve of his hoodie as he walked passed her.

"Huh?" He didn't hear a word she said.

"I said you need to sit down before you drive yourself crazy." He sat next to her on the bed and looked down at the floor with his eyebrows pinched together in thought.

Ramsey looked at him waiting for him to say something. She rubbed his thigh slowly,  comforting him.

"How could she hide this from me? Especially something this serious. I was just at her house. She could've told me right then and there. The boy, he was right there. I saw him." He put his face in his hands trying to wrap his brain around the situation. "I can't believe she did this." He stood up again and went over to his dresser. "Four years." He mumbled to himself. 

Aubrey opened the first drawer and pulled up the two pack of backwoods that he had stashed away for emergency uses only. He wasn't a devoted smoker but in times of stress or in need to get in the mood for writing he definitely used weed to his advantage.

He reached in the back of the drawer and pulled the dime bag of pineapple express. "I have a son. For four years. But she kept it a secret because she thought I was gonna be mad? If anything I would be happy." He sat back on the bag and handed the materials to Ramsey who was a pro at rolling. "If she was worried then, she needs to be worried even more now. Why would she wait this long? If Sergio wouldn't have told me I wonder how long it would've been before she told me?" He laid back and ran his hands down his face.

Ramsey straddled his waist using his chest like a table. "Baby don't over think it. Maybe after you smoke this you can give her a call."

Aubrey put his hands behind his head and thought about the suggestion. "I don't think that's a good idea right now. Because if I give her a call I'll have some choice words for her." Ramsey dumped all the unwanted tobacco into the empty sleeve the backwoods came in.

She had enough to roll two blunts. Which is what Aubrey needed.

"Four years." He kept repeating.

He held his phone in his hand with a grip. He remembered she left him messages too.

After scrolling down to them he ran red them one by one.

Jade: call me or text me back when you see this.

Jade: call me when you get a chance.

Jade: this is very important. I have something to tell you.

Jade: this is serious Aubrey call me.

They all said similar things one after the other. But none of them mentioned Amir.

His blood started to boil. "She was blowing up my phone so I wouldn't see the message from Sergio." He threw his phone across the room, making it hit the wall.

Ramsey licked the end of the last blunt closed and used the lighter to dry them. "Here." She handed him one and lit the end for him.

She had seen Aubrey mad on a few occasions and knew not to let him get to that point.

He's a whole different person when he's mad. It's best to calm him down now while I have a chance. Ramsey thought watching Aubrey.

Aubrey held in the smoke after a deep inhale.  He tucked the second one behind his ear and turned his head so he wouldn't blow smoke in Ramsey's face.

She fell on the side of him with a leg tossed over his lap.

Everything seemed fine until Aubrey sat up and got out the bed.

"Fuck it. I'm gonna call her." He went across the room and grabbed his phone.

Thanks to the life proof case on his was phone it was fine. He hurriedly through his contacts to find Jade's number.

"Baby before you go and cuss her out, try to think about what you want to say first. Don't be to harsh, try to put yourself in her shoes." Ramsey said quickly trying to stop him.

"Fuck that she put her foot in my ass and wore it like a shoe when she held the fact that she had my son behind my back for four years." He dialed the number and waited patiently for her to answer.

He went over to the bed and picked up the lighter, putting it in his sweatpants pocket.

Ramsey watched him as sat on the leather chair in the corner of the room.

"Hey Aubrey Wassup?" Ramsey could hear Jade's voice from the other side of the phone since the volume was turned up.

"I just saw the message your husband was nice enough to send to me." He frowned with the half finished blunt hanging between in thumb and index finger.

"Let me explain-

"No fuck that!" Ramsey jumped at the sound of him yelling. "You got four years of explaining to do. I just saw your ass not that long ago. Amir was there and everything, you could've told me then."

"Aubrey I-"

"Did I ask you to talk?" A vein bulged on the side of his neck as he got angrier. He took a drag from the blunt and held it at the corner of his lips. "You ain't shit. I thought your ass changed. But you still the same selfish Jade I left behind. You open the door for me all smiling and shit like everythings all good but your ass was keeping shit from me. I spilled my damn heart out to you and you didn't take the opportunity to do the same. It's fucked up someone else had to tell me instead of you. How long was it gonna be before you finally told me? Four more years? 18 years? On my death bed?" There was no sound from the other side. "Now you can fuckin talk."

"Aubrey I'm sorry.  I was just scared alright?" Aubrey laughed sarcastically.

"Scared? You were scared?" He stood up and tapped his ashes on the floor.  "When I get a chance I'm coming Jade. You better be ready with a good explanation." He hung up and tossed his phone on the chair.

Ramsey sat still waiting for his next move. 

He had a knack for punching holes in walls and throwing things when he was mad.

He put out the blunt on the top of the dresser and took the new one from behind his ear and laid it next to his cigar box.

Ramsey prepared to run out the room just incase he started on his throwing spree, but instead he laid across the bed and took her down with him.

"I should'nt have said all that." He mumbled into her chest. Ramsey was suprised bit didn't show it.

"You're angry and you have every right to be. She deserved to be cussed out." She stroked the back of his neck gently.

"What am I gonna do?" Ramsey usually had the answer for everything but she was stuck.

"Uh. You should just sleep on it. You just found out some serious news and I think you should just take a moment to relax before you make any decisions. We're home to relax. So that's what you're gonna do. Don't stress over this anymore." She sat up and kissed him.

"I love you. I don't know what I'd do without you?"

"You'd probably be on your way to Jade's house to murder her." Aubrey smiled at her joke and laid on her chest in thought.

---------------------------