24

Third person
(Sandi & Aubrey in the mm)

Aubrey sat in the driveway of his mom's house debating whether to go in or not.

"If you don't want to, we don't have to see her today." Ramsey said holding Aubrey's hand. He'd been stressing out over jade since the phone call the day before.

While in bed he laid awake thinking of ways to kill her without anyone finding out. "I want to. It's just I don't want her saying any rude shit to me. I'm already stressed out, I don't need my mom to add to it."

"Maybe we can go back home and just do what you want. We can do something to get your mind off of the whole Jade situation for a while." Aubrey laid his head back on the headrest of the all red Audi seats.

"That sounds like a good idea." Ramsey held his hand and rubbed the back of it with her thumb.

Sandi looked out her bedroom window to see if the mailman had pulled up yet to deliver her package but saw the familiar cream colored car in the driveway. She put on her house shoes that laid perfectly next to the bed and walked through the large house to the front door.

She grabbed her coat from the coat rack and went outside.

Aubrey put the car in reverse ready to back out when he spotted his mother coming towards the car.

"Oh no." He said.

Ramsey mentally threw a temper tantrum as Sandi knocked on the driver's side window.

Aubrey rolled it down and put a fake smile on his face.

"What are you two doing out here it's thirty-one degrees out here." Sandi leaned in the window making sure they didn't go anywhere.

"Uh I had plans to redo yesterday over and start things off right but I'm not really in the mood for talking."

"Nonsense. Come in here."

Aubrey looked over at Ramsey who was looking at Sandi with disinterest all over her face.

"I don't know ma. Maybe we'll come back later." Aubrey was tempted to put his foot on the gas and reverse out with Sandi still hanging into the window.

"Why? You just got here." Aubrey knew his mom was trying to quilt trip him. "I haven't seen you in so long. I'm sorry for yesterday. I didn't mean to come on so strong." And it was working. "We can do a do over." Sandi said to Ramsey.

Ramsey wanted to Aubrey to pull out the driveway so badly but she put on a fake smile like Aubrey had done. "Sure why not." She says through her teeth.

"Great. I'll put some tea on for us." Sandi stood up and walked back into the house with a devilish grin.

Aubrey rolled his window back up and laid his forehead on the steering wheel.

"We can still drive away." Ramsey said putting her seat belt back on.

"We have to go in there." He sat up.

She groaned with an eye roll. She took her seat belt off and got out the car. Aubrey got out slowly, taking his time to get to the house.

Ramsey went inside the home and took her shoes off at the door.

I'm gonna act like a G. She's not about to scare me off like the last time. She thought in her head.

She followed the sound of the tea pot screeching to find her way to the kitchen.

Aubrey came in the house and took his shoes off next to Ramsey's. He heard his mom talking but couldn't make out what she was saying.

He walked in the kitchen to see Ramsey leaned against one of the counters watching Sandi fix herself a cup of tea.

Aubrey wrapped his arm around Ramsey protectively. Sandi noticed the gesture and cracked a knowing smile behind her cup before she took a sip.

"So Ramsey, my son here tells me you all have been together for quite some time." Ramsey smiled uncomfortably.

"Yeah we've been together for almost four years." She looked up at him since she felt him looking at her. Aubrey kissed the top of her head affectionately.

"So can I expect any grandkids in the future?" Ramsey froze. She didn't know how to answer that question and neither did Aubrey.

"Well uh. We've tried before and that didn't work out. And we think it's best to just wait til were married to try again." Ramsey said flawlessly.

Good answer. Aubrey thought.

Sandi remembered Aubrey blubbering on about Ramsey getting shot at the airport on some trip to Hawaii. "When can I expect a wedding?" She asked switching the subject.

"I have to purpose first ma." Aubrey said.

"Well four years is a long time to be waiting. It's not like you're getting any younger Brey." Sandi sat her cup down to cross her arms.

Ramsey slightly squinted her eyes at Sandi.

She's trying to start shit. Ramsey thought as she wrapped her arms around Aubrey's waist getting comfortable.

"Yes, It's a long time, I agree. But I'm not in any rush, when he's comfortable, he'll ask." Aubrey wanted to high five Ramsey.

"He should be comfortable after four years. I'm just saying." Sandi shot back.

"Getting married is a huge step in our relationship. We both want to get married and start a family. It's a about when we want that to happen." Aubrey said defending his case

It was like watching a basketball game when your two favorite teams are playing against each other. In this case Ramsey was the Toronto raptors and Sandi was the New York Knicks. It was a tie on the board with 10 seconds left and Ramsey has the ball.

"But aren't you tired of being just his girlfriend?" Sandi stole the ball and ran to the opposite side of the court.

"No at least I have someone that loves me." Sandi went for the dunk but Ramsey blocked it from the basket sending them into overtime.

--------------------------