19

Aubrey

I tapped my fingers on the table and stared out the window.

"We gone talk or what? Ion got all day to be playing the silent game with your ass. Nigga I got money to make and baby mamas to fuck." I looked in front of me at the one they call "Chief Keef". He is truly is the definition of a Chicago style nigga.

Every boy who wants to be a rapper wanna be like him.

Ion see why. His shirt barley fit and his pants might as well be sagged down to the floor. He looks like he hasn't taken a shower in weeks and he smells like McDonald's. But who am I to judge?

"Yeah. Obviously you asked to meet up with you for obvious reasons." He smacked his lips.

"I ain't gone be petty like I planned to come and do. You really killing my bestfriend with all this Bullshit you got going on. All that shit you was flapping your gums about during that weak ass interview with Angie ain't make ya'lls lil situation any better." His little crew behind him nodded, backing up what he was saying.

"She was listening?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah you know she was. Her ass always be supporting you. Even after everything you put her through. Shit I listened too, I wanted to see what you had to say. She got every reason to be pissed. You did all that hiding shit because of some bitch ass hoe that hurt you years ago? That ain't hurt nigga, that sound like insecurities to me." He's the millionth person to tell me that. "Like I said I ain't here to be petty. I asked to meet up with you because my bestfriend isn't doing so well since y'all broke up. And she aint left her apartment since your interview. I've done everything I could too help her. I called a therapist in for house calls once a week to talk about the baby and the shooting at the airport. I've paid her doctor to come to her apartment to check up on her. I've brought jewelers out to her to keep her busy. I dragged her out to do them spa treatments and to get her hair done several times but every time she locks herself in her room and stay in bed. So my last resort was to call you."

"Damn." I truly have fucked up.

Chief got in contact with me and asked if we could meet up to talk. I was suprised as fuck since he been talking shit about me since me since the second Ramsey and I got together. "I don't know what to do. I know she doesn't want to see me. She made that very clear."

"But I think you should go see her. She ain't right man. Look, I don't like you. Probably never will. But you have to consider all the things she's given up for you. Like school, her dreams, her family, her life, all for you. Now if that don't convince you then I don't know what to tell you." He leaned back and reached in his pocket. "This piece of paper got all her information to get to her apartment. This is the key to get in. If you chose not to go then I'm gonna beat the fuck outta you like I've been trying to do for a minute now." He threw everything on the table and got up with his crew behind him.

I grabbed the key and held it in my hand.

Should I go?

---------------