12

Victor

Aub has completely shut himself out from everybody. He decided even being sick and having a broken leg he was going to continue to go on tour.

He won't tell any of what is going on.

When he talks it's strictly business, after that, he goes back to his room.

When he came back from Chicago it was like he was on auto pilot.

His didn't even tell his mom what's going on.

This has to do something with Bird. And i can bet all my money that she finally gave up on him.

I tried to tell him. But I think telling him I told you so wouldn't help him at the moment.

"I'm worried about him Vic". Sandi joined me on the porch as I watched the sound crew load up the bus. She sat on the step slowly, with a coffee mug in her hand. "Just... Just, Tell me what's going on with him. I know he'll tell you everything before he'll tell me".

I blew out a breath.

I shouldn't tell her but I'm not gonna let her keeping worrying herself to death.

"There's this girl-" She scuffed and put her free hand on her forehead.

"I knew it". She mumbled to herself. "Sorry keep going".

"There's this girl. As far as I know they are still together. They have been together, I say about uh.... Four years". Sandi looked at me with wide eyes.

"Four years?! Victor!" She slapped my arm. "Why wouldn't he tell me?"

"Sheesh you hit like a man". I rubbed my arm gently. "Hardly anyone knows. So I'm not really suprised he never told you".

"But it doesn't make any sense. He was all over that Serena girl just a few weeks ago. Why would he keep her a secret this long?"

"Because your sons a idiot. Her name is Ramsey. She's more beautiful than all the woman he's ever been with. She's the type of girl they write about in fairy tales". She sipped her coffee while shaking her head.

"So if this girls so prefect like you say; then why is he so depressed?"

"I've tried to tell him for months now, that she would leave him. "Aubrey didn't know how to turn Drake off", as Ramsey says. He's been doing very questionable things lately. And a lot of events have happened over the course of the past couple of weeks. Some real unexpected things and that's all I can think of that could make him isolate himself. Since Aub has been distancing himself from everyone he hasn't really talked to me". She looked up at me and pushed her glasses up higher on her nose.

"Well what happened?"

"Thats something you'll have to talk to him about. It's to personal for me to say". Sandi nodded in understanding before standing.

"I'll go talk to him". She handed me her barley drank coffee and sent back in the house.

I hope I did the right thing.

Sandi

I shuffled down the hall quickly.

He kept this young lady a secret for almost four years?

Apparently she must be some kind of special if they lasted that long. So why not tell me?

I knocked on his door three times.  "Aubrey it's me". I waited for a second before I twisted the handle to find it unlocked.