Chapter 29

I spend several more days in hospital, recovering from my wounds. Soon enough though, I'm out of hospital and walking around normally. The first thing I do is go to the vet's to check on Sukrutra. I haven't heard news, so I hope it's good.

I walk in and up to the recpetionist desk. "I need to check on Sukrutra."

She nods. "She's making a good recovery, but we're not sure if she's....healthy."

"Alright, can I see her?" I ask, worried now for my beloved pet. She takes a look at my face, before nodding and coming round the counter. She shows me through to the room where she is.

I walk in and it takes me a moment to recognise her. She's bigger than a wolf now, easily big enough to carry a human on her back. Her head is now level with mine, as is her body, so she's about the size of a Shire horse. Her brown eyes have changed to emerald-green, and her once gold fur now has streaks of light brown in it. I have no idea how this happened; normally people and animals don't change appearance like this if they get hit, right? Right.

She tackles me straight onto the floor, barking happily. I laugh and hug her. "Sukky, you're alright!" I cry happily. She barks in response.

"Yup, just fine!" she barks. I laugh, standing up. I can't pick her up; she's too big now. I look at the vet, and reassure him that it's OK. He nods, and checks us both out. I pay the price- it's an awfully large amount- and walk out, Sukrutra trotting happily at my heels.

I make the journey to Spain's house on foot. However, not long after I set off, I begin to feel weak. Yet I keep walking, leaning against Sukrutra for support as a growing pain starts in my chest and works its way around my body. Halfway home I collapse, nearly hitting the ground. Sukrutra dives forward and catches me so I fall on my front across her back. She stands up again, lifting me clean off the ground, and keeps walking.

I guess I'm not fully OK yet....I still feel useless, but grateful for Sukrutra being there to catch me.

When we arrive at Spain's house, Sukrutra paws at the door. Romano opens it, and his eyes fly wide in shock when he sees me draped over her back. "Zubicu! Come in, Sukrutra." he says gruffly to my pet. She pads in, and stands by the sofa. I smile, getting off her onto the sofa.

"Thanks, Sukky." I say. She barks a thank-you and snuggles up at my feet, curling up and going to sleep. I smile. Romano comes in and sits next to me.

"So, you're out of hospital, I see." he says.

I nod. "Yup, I'm fine and dandy now. So's Sukrutra, it would seem." I say, smiling at him. I notice he's fiddling nervously with his hands, and my smile turns into a frown. "Hey, what's up?"

He looks up, and shakes his head. "Oh, nothing." He stands up. "Well, I'm gonna go get something to eat." He exits the room, a little too quickly for my tastes. I shrug, getting up, and walk up to my room to answer those letters on my desk. I read the translation for the first one;

 Dear Zubicu.... ( If I spelt your name right... S-sorry! )

So... I know this is really really sudden... And I bet you don't even know my name... But I'm Tanigashima, I live off the coast of japan... And and... I'm having a tough time at the moment, and I'm a really easy target for other countries.. So, I was wondering, if you are in the same position as me,

Will you be my Ally?

From Tanegashima. :)

I smile. I've heard of that girl. Tanegashima.....yes, come to think of it, I've heard Japan montion her name a few times. Although she sounds small, she's an interesting girl. I pick up a pen and begin to write to her.