Chapter 14

Japan stands in the doorway of the ship, just in front of the stairs leading down to the rest of the massive wooden structure, leaning against the doorframe, watching as Romano and I run about the deck in front of him, chasing Spain. Yup, we've been doing this for the past hour or so now. This is basically what happened after I found out-

I got so wound up with Spain for his little 'accidental' arrangement- which I still think was organised on purpose- that I actually stormed out of the cabin and started yelling at him. Of course, he then argued back with me, as he always does whenever he got the chance. We argued on a daily basis when I was little.

Until I got a littlle too wound up with him and pulled out my swords. They were at his throat quicker than he could react.

Then, of course, he legged it down the corridor. I put the swords away, but I still wanted to beat him up. So, as soon as my swords were back in their sheaths, I shook my hair out of my face and pelted after him. Whilst chasing him around the ship, he just so happened to go past the kitchen and run into Romano as he was coming out of the kitchen and knocking them both into it. Of course, Romano being who he is, his short temper meant that he also got wound up with Spain. Spain quickly managed to run away again.

After some more colourful language he- by that I mean Romano, not Spain- ran out of the kitchen after Spain and nearly collided with me. We both apologised, then we realised we were after the same thing. So, we shook hands and decidedly teamed up, chasing after Spain again. We chased him right the way from the ship's kitchen to the top deck, which is now where we are, chasing Spain round and round the deck.

I can sense Japan trying his best not to laugh at how mad I am after finding out our situation. Mentally I make a reminder to hit him later, but not as hard as Romano and I will hit Spain when we've finally managed to catch him.

~ * About an hour later. * ~

Leaning back on the railings next to Japan, I sigh. "Do you think Spain will change it?" I ask him, staring off over the ship out at the sea opposite.

He shakes his head beside me. "No, I don't think so. It isn't very likely, knowing him. This is Spain we're talking about." I sigh, dipping my head. Well, in a way, I suppose it's fair- we are a couple now, after all. I think. But still, it's embarrassing!! Even so, I suppose it's alright as long as nobody else finds out....my brothers, specifically. If they know, especially America more than Canada, then I'll never hear the end of it.  I hear footsteps and snap myself back into reality pretty quickly, looking up. I smile when I see Canada, my almost invisible older brother, approaching. I tackle him in a hug as soon as he's in range. "Hi, brother!" I cry happily. His eyes widen in shock and he stumbles backwards, caught off guard, but then he manages to stop himself from falling over and standing upright, he hugs me back, laughing a little.

"Good to see you again too, sis." he replies. I grin up at him. Japan smiles, stepping forward and shakes hands with Canada as they greet each other. I watch the both of them, smiling, before walking over and standing next to Japan again. After years of trying I finally got Japan to remember who Canada is and tell him apart from my other brother, America. It isn't much, but it's a start, and it's boosted Canada's morale greatly, thank goodness. "So, brother, how've you been?" I ask. "Got a gi~rl yet?" I tease, dragging out the word 'girl' to annoy him. You can see the irritance mark on his head, making me laugh.

"Actually, yes, I have." That surprises me and stops me laughing instantly. I look at him wide-eyed.

"What?! Who?!" I cry, very much surprised.

He rubs the back of his neck with his hand. "Eheheh, well, you're gonna kill me for this, but.." he says nervously. He looks at me. "She's another new country. You know your best friend when you were still little, before you were brought to our world?"

I think back. Oh dear, that was a very long time ago now, but yes, I do remember. I smile as I remember her- brown hair with a few bright blonde streaks here and there, brown eyes, generally a very pretty girl, yet strangely unpopular. We never figured out why, but we always helped each other out in a pinch and gave each other advice. That is, until the day I was taken away to this world to become a country. "Yup, sure do. Why?"

He blushes and looks away. "Weeell..." My eyes widen. Oh god. "It's her, huh?" He nods. I squeal. "Is she here? Can I meet her? What's her country called? When did she come here? Brother's got a girlfriend!" I tease, grinning. Japan raises an eyebrow at me and I quickly quiet down. Canada chuckles and nods. A familiar face peeps out from behind the mast behind us. Instantly I run to her, hugging her tight in something very close to a hug tackle, except I slowed down before I hugged her so it's kinda like a normal hug.

"Aleita!" I squeal happily. She laughs and hugs me back.

"Hey, Sasha! Long time no see!" She looks at me. "In answer to your questions, I came here shortly after you did, I just ended up in a different place to you. I'm Flicrote. My speciality is flying and flying technology." she explains. I roll my eyes, grinning- it's typical she'd be something to do with flight. She couldn't stay out of the air whenever she got the chance. Which is why we never took her to the airport. We took her once in the morning and by the time we left it was midnight. Don't ask, I have no idea how that works either. "I will admit, I'm surprised it was me brought here. I was never even interested in Hetalia like you were."

I roll my eyes at that. "You haven't changed a bit, Ale." I say. I call her that as her nickname. She grins at me.

"Ah, so we both remember, then." I nod eagerly and walk back over to Japan, holding his hand as she walks over to Canada and links arms with him. "Hey, is that your boy~friend?" she asks, dragging out 'boy' to tease me. I blush and roll my eyes again, nodding.

"Yup. This is Japan." I say. He smiles and says hello. This isn't normally like him, it's how he would treat siblings, or how he'd greet China. I wonder why. Oh well.

"Oh, by the way, Aleita, your boyfriend is my brother~" I say, making Canada dip his head awkwardly. It's always awkward when your girlfriend finds out her best friend is your little sister. And vice versa.

She laughs. "Isn't that coincidental?" she asks, looking at me.

I frown, tilting my head to the side. "What do you mean?"

Grinning, she gestures to Japan, who finds it's his turn to blush and look down at the floor awkwardly. Blinking, I look at him, then at Aleita, then at Canada, who shrugs. Finally, I look back to Aleita. "I already knew who he was. And he greeted me like that 'cause he's my brother."