Chapter 47

Several days have passed since Spain and I were put under emergency status, a week after we came home. Now we're in hospital, having not recovered at all. I look across at the bed next to me, wheere Spain lies, a breathing mask on his face and multiple wires attached to him. We were attacked again while we were recovering, and now Papa's in a coma. My eyes tear up as I look at him. He's sleeping peacefully, but I can sense his dreams are disturbed. I look back at the ceiling. More than anything, right now I just want Papa to wake up. There are wires in my arm, too, keeping me alive. I'm scared. I haven't been into a hospital since I joined this world, and I've never been in this state. Suddenly, a thought occurs to me;

Do I still exist in the human world? Am I just the name of a new country now? What about my friends?

Ah, who am I kidding. At least a century or two have passed since I fell through that hole. They're long gone by now. Why am I even remembering them? There's no point anymore. I sigh and look back at Spain. Besides, I think, I have my own priorites now. I have a family who care for me, and a boyfriend who fusses over me. And I have thousands of citezens who look up to me to keep them safe and warm. I can't let thoughts of my old life weigh me down, especially at such a time. My people will be trying to rebuild my land form as we speak, and I need to try and get better for them in human form so I can speed up the process. The human form of a country and their land form are directly linked. Therefore, the faster a personification heals, the faster a country rebuilds itself. Likewise, if one form gets damaged, so does the other form. Say my land form was to come under siege; I would end up with broken bones and cuts depending on how bad the siege is. If I was to get in a fight, parts of my country would also fall.

The door opening snaps me out of my thoughts. I turn to look, and see none other than Fem!Russia walking through the door. Her gloved hands fly to her mouth when she sees me and she rushes over.

"Zubicu! You've deteriorated ever so much since I last saw you!" she cries, taking my cold hand into her warm mittens and holding it gently. "I rushed here as soon as I heard. You poor child." she mutters, resting her head on my hand. I smile weakly, gripping her hand.

"It's OK, Anya. I'll be fine. You'll see." I strain out, forcing a smile. "You've changed a lot too, you know. Last time we met you nearly killed me."

She manages a laugh through her tears. "After you saved Russia and Tami, I felt kinder toward you. So I decided to try and make friends with you. But I could never get the chance to help out, and then you went off to war, so I couldn't do anything. And then I heard you were in hospital, so I rushed over to visit."

I smile. "Why didn't you write? Old Crimson could have helped." I say weakly. She shakes her head.

"No, I wanted to talk to you personally. I couldn't summon Crimson even if I wanted to." she says through sobs. I free my hand from hers and rest it on top of her head, petting her hair gently, comfortingly.

"Now now, Anya. Don't cry. Everything's alright." I manage gently, although we both know it isn't. I look over at Spain, the heart monitor still beeping. Anya continues to sob into her arms, folded over on the side of my bed. I continue to gently pet her hair until she calms down. "You know, you're starting to remind me of your 2P, Anya." 

She looks up at me and smiles sadly. "We kinda swapped personalities after I told her about you. She decided to become the mean one and let me be the kind one. It hurt." she admits, looking back down at her arms. "But I know now it's OK, because she finally feels as though she fits in with the other 2P!s, and I fit in with the normal people here."

I smile gently and ruffle her hair. "I think you made a good choice. It's a lot harder to fit in to this world if you're as mean as she was."

She nods, then lifts her head to look at me as though she wants to tell me something, before looking away again.

"What's up?" I ask her. She sighs.

"It's....your brother and my brother..." she says haltingly. "They're at war again..."

I sit up, ignoring the pain. "Whaat?!"

She flinches, but keeps talking. "Yeah. I'm not sure what it was that America did, but he got Russia really mad and they got into a fight. It kinda went from there and now they're in a full-scale war again...wait, what are you doing?!"

"Getting out of here." I say, pulling the wires and tubes out of my arms and legs, wincing at the discomfort. Her eyes widen and she tries to push me back down.

"No, you need to rest!" she cries in shock.

I shake my head, my gaze hardening, and easily sit up, pushing her back. "I'm good enough to get these damn wires out of me, I'm good enough to go try and knock some sense into them." I swing my legs off the bed and stand, stumbling a little. Seeing I'm not getting back in the bed, Anya quickly supports me. I smile my thanks at her, then give one final glance at Spain.

"Now you can recover, Papa." I mutter, then turn and walk out with Anya's help.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about the short chapter! I was rather rushed and I kinda ran out of ideas xD Don't worry, the next one more than makes up for it!

~Sasha (Wolfie) ~Zubicu~