Chapter 41

Carefully, I cook dinner. I'm cooking several different types to suit the different tastes of my many guests. Good job Spain's kitchen is huge. I'm cooking piroshki. I think that's how you say it, I'm not sure. I had to research the damn thing, but that's for Russia and Tanegashima since I don't know any other Russian dishes. I'm cooking pasta for Romano and myself, although I'll serve mine first because I like mine plain. America's gone out to get a MacDonalds again although I'll forcefeed him my own food tomorrow and Canada's making his own dinner. I dunno what he's doing. I groan inwardly as the door bangs open and America shouts his arrival for the entire neighbourhood to hear.

"Welcome home, big brother." I yell over my shoulder into the living room. Sukrutra pads out to shut the door. I note the pasta's done and take it off the stove, putting my lot onto the plate. "Romano, come in here and choose what you want on your pasta!" I put the pot on the side next to his plate so he can serve himself.

Romano enters and serves up his lot, pouring pasta over it. I smile at him. "You know, you should really help me cook sometime. You're a brilliant chef."

He blushes and mutters a thank you before exiting. I chuckle, turning back to the pot and serving up Russia and Tanegashima's food. I put all the pots in the sink to wash up later before carrying the dishes in to my other two guests, putting it in front of them.

I watch as Tanegashima's eyes widen to the size of dinner plates, and she bows her head gratefully. "Looks delicious!" She laughs, and I also chuckle.

"I sure hope so! It's my first time making this, so it's not as it could be. D'you want anything to drink, too?"

She shakes her head. "No thank you." Russia starts digging into his plate of food.

"Hey, leave some for me!" she laughs, nudging him aside and wolfing a load down her throat. She chuckles.

"Delicious!" they both chime. I laugh, standing up. In two minutes flat they'd wolfed it all down.

I look at them in surprise as I pick up the plates. "You guys sure eat fast, huh?" I say, laughing.

America comes over. "Hey, Zubicu. Why are you wearing a pink apron?"

I blink, then look down at myself and see I am, indeed, wearing a bright pink apron. I blush and stutter. "U-Uh....."

America laughs. "Dude! Zubicu's wearing a pink apron, I never thought I'd see the day!"

I just stand there, holding the plates and blushing. "I must've picked up Romano's apron again..." I mutter, embarrassed.

Beside me, Tanegashima splutters with laughter. "A pink apron?!" she cries between breaths, spluttering for air.

I blush, chuckling. "Alright, I'll take these out while you calm down." I laugh to myself as I walk out, passing Romano. "Oi, Romano, I'm accidentally wearing your bright pink apron. Hope you don't mind." I say, making sure I'm loud enough for the others to hear. He splutters, going bright red. I put the plates in the sink and as soon as I come out again after hanging up my apron Romano starts chasing after me. I shriek and run away, laughing. From the living room I hear Tami bursting into laughter again and the sounds of Russia waking up.

I run down the corridors, taking lefts and rights as I try to throw Romano off my tail. Spain's mansion is huge!! Bigger than mine, and mine's big enough to get lost in too! Quickly I take a right, then straight away take another into the study, diving under the table. I note there are several stacks of paperwork here, which I quickly push forward and then hide behind. Romano soon enters the same room as me and I suddenly become very afraid of what he'll do. Hey, I'm paranoid, alright? Don't judge.