Dean x Reader #3

((This is a one shot to the song Perfect covered by Boyce Avenue))

Made a wrong turn
Once or twice
Dug my way out
Blood and fire

Bad decisions
That's alright
Welcome to my silly life

You sighed at another failed attempt of trying to get Dean to talk to you. Why did he have to be so stubborn? It wasn't even his stubbornness that was the problem, it was the fact that he loves and cares - protects everyone! Even strangers who don't even bother to say thanks, but yet he can't see that his family - that you - loved and cared for him just as much. You were pretty sure John was to blame for that. Dean was deprived of a childhood and affection and everything to the point where - you shook your head, it's too painful to think of your boyfriend like that. You just wished he would talk.

Mistreated, misplaced, missunderstood
Miss, no way it's all good
It didn't slow me down

Mistaken,
Always second guessing
Underestimated
Look, I'm still around

"Dean please! Talk to me" you practically begged him only to have him wave the request away. That was it!
"You know what - fine! I'm just trying to help but - look I know it's hard. But you're not the only one that's hurting. You're never the only one. I've had my moments where I felt like I was carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders too. Let me share that weight" your voice was now soft and gentle as you gently took his hand in yours. Dean looked up at you with those fanfiction green eyes of his.

Pretty, pretty please
Don't you ever, ever feel
Like you're less than,
Less than perfect
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you're nothing
You are perfect to me

"(Y/n)...." Dean weakly began. Yes he knew you hated how he never talked about his feelings. That wasn't him. Sam was the one you went to if you wanted a chick flick moment. The thing that had taken him aback was you mentioning how you've had the weight of the world on your shoulders before and knew what it was like. When was this, Dean wondered feeling guilty he couldn't have been there to taken that weight from you. Dean looked back down and saw he was holding both of your hands in his much bigger ones. After a moment he looked back up at you.
"Why have you never told me this?"

You're so mean
When you talk
About yourself
You are wrong

Change the voices
In your head
Make them like you

Instead,

"I didn't want sympathy I guess. I didn't want you to like me for my son story but for me. Look what happened wasn't your fault. It's mine. I'm the lousy hunter and I ... I -" you stopped at feeling Dean hug you. A silence fell between you two as you hugged him back and close your eyes.

So complicated
Look how big you'll make it
Filled with so much hatred

Such a tired game
It's enough
I've done all I can think of
Chased down all my demons
See you do the same

"(Y/n)?"
"Yeah?"
"I - I'm sorry... I - I should've -" Dean began only to be hushed by you.
"Doesn't matter. We got each other..." You began your saying only to smile a teary eye smile when dean finished it.
"And that's all right for love. I know (y/n)."

Pretty, pretty please
Don't you ever, ever feel
Like you're less than,
Less than perfect
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you're nothing
You are perfect to me

You are perfect
You are perfect

You're perfect
You're perfect to me

Oh, you're perfect

Oh, pretty pretty please, yeah

You're perfect
You're perfect

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel
Like you're less than
Less than perfect
Pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel
Like you're nothing
You are perfect to me

Dean wiped away your tears and holding you close, kissed you passionately on your lips. Yeah, you thought, despite all the bad he's perfect.