Chapter Three - Edited

Mason's P.O.V
Friday. One more day and I'd have two days to myself. Even though I loved my job, it was refreshing to not have to smell coffee and cocoa beans all day. That was probably the only downside to working at a cafe; you went home with burning nostrils.

As I walked into The Hideout, I was greeted by Frankie and all the other employees apart from my boss. I'd come to realise that the people were fairly nice meaning we got along with each other, but for some reason that was unknown to me, my boss gave me a hard time.

"Morning." I smiled brightly, throwing my apron over my head before tying it around my waist. I threw my hair up into a high ponytail.

They all said their 'hello's and 'morning's and returned the smile and proceeded to get ready for the day by throwing on their aprons and clipping on their name tags. The sun shone outside, brightening up the place gracefully.

"Hey, Frankie," I turned to look at him when I realised he hadn't spoken. "You okay? You don't look too good." I sent him a worried look as I smoothed out my shirt, signing once I was ready.

"Oh, I'm good. In fact, I'm great. The only reason I allowed myself to walk out of the house looking like a mess is because I woke up late and didn't have time to do anything." He replied, also tying his apron around his body.

"Let me guess, you and Jaymi were up talking all night again?" I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, the appearance of a smirk edging onto my face.

"How did you guess?" He joked, he nudged me.

Frankie and Jaymi had been together just over a year now, they seemed happy together and it made me happy. Although, Jaymi was away in England as he was studying to be a teacher. It didn't seem to cause any strain on their relationship though, they seemed perfectly happy staying awake until the early hours of the morning talking on the phone. I, on the other hand, didn't understand how they managed it.

"I do miss him though," Frankie said. "He's still gonna be away for another three months." I saw a frown edging on his face.

"Hey. No frowning. You promised Jaymi you wouldn't get upset while he was gone and he made me promise to keep you happy." I pointed my index finger at him. "Look, it'll fly by, before you know it he'll be here again and you guys can go back to annoying me with your mushy romance." I smiled, hopefully cheering him up.

"You're just jealous you don't have a boyfriend to be mushy with. Speaking of which, may I ask why you don't have a boyfriend?" He grinned at me.

"No, you may not." I said, laughing.

Frankie was constantly on my tail, he was constantly asking why I wasn't in a relationship and the truth was, it was simply because I hadn't found anyone that had caught my eye yet. I was still waiting.

"God, Mason. Just admit it, you're a lesbian." He said dramatically.

I laughed but attempted to stress the idea that I was, in fact not gay. "I'm not gay, Frank. I promise, I'm as straight as they come." I chuckled softly.

"Okay, okay. Whenever you're ready." He grinned before walking away, leaving me stood alone.

I put my apron and name tag on and headed towards the counter to serve a waiting customer.

                                 -
Justin's P.O.V
I woke up with my head feeling like it was being constantly hit with a hammer. Every night I go out and get drunk and every morning I regret it, but who doesn't?

I woke up with Emma not by my side, she must have got up before me and scarpered. Not that I was complaining; it actually made my morning easier.

I decided that to stop the buzzing feeling in my brain, after several minutes of contemplating, I finally decided to get up and get some coffee but I thought I'd go out into town since I didn't have any coffee at home. It's not like I drank it as much as I drank alcohol.