Chapter Thirty

Mason's P.O.V
I sat on my couch watching Friends reruns whilst stroking Rubble, after what Justin did last night, I really didn't feel like going out.

I sighed. Am I overreacting? He told me he'd be there but decided on going out and getting drunk instead, leaving me to be humiliated in front of my parents. No, I was not overreacting.

I head a knock at the door, causing me to sigh and stand up to go answer it.

When I opened the door, I was greeted by the last person I wanted to see.

Stood there was a tired looking Justin, or should I say hungover looking Justin.

"Hey, baby." He smiled as he tried to move passed me and come in, I moved in his way causing him to frown slightly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He'd clearly forgotten everything about last night, telling me Ryan clearly hadn't told him that I didn't want to see him.

"What do you mean?" His voice held so much confusion.

"Oh, I see how it is. You were clearly so off your ass last night on god knows what, that you forgot what happened."

"What are you talking about? Nothing happened." He sounded so lost, it almost hurt. But I couldn't forgive him, not yet.

"Are you telling me you honestly have no idea?"

"I'm serious, I don't know what you're talking about." His jaw clenched.

"Justin, you were drunk last night. Correct?"

"I may have had a few drinks, yeah." He replied, sounding innocent.

"Do you even care?" I breathed out.

"Mason, just tell me. I don't know what you're talking about! I didn't do anything!"

"That's the point, you didn't. You didn't show up last night, you didn't text or call me to even tell me beforehand that you wouldn't be showing up!" I shouted at him.

"W-What?" His face showed me he was trying to work out what I was talking about.

"My parents. You were supposed to be meeting them last night." I managed to get out.

I noticed the second it dawned on him by his face dropping and his eyes widening instantly.

"Shit." He whispered. "Mason, please. I'm so sorry, I forgot. I didn't mean to." He stumbled.

"I don't care, Justin. It doesn't change the fact that I was humiliated in front of my parents. I had to tell them you simply couldn't make it, because telling them my boyfriend was out getting drunk was definitely out of the question." I snarled at him before turning around and walking inside.

"Baby, I'll make it up to you, I promise." He followed me.

"I don't want you to make it up to me, I just wanted you to be there!" I threw my arms up.

"I will be, next time. I promise!" He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I don't care about a next time, Justin. And don't promise something you know there's a chance you'll fuck up again." I said without looking at him.

"Mason, you're not making this easy." He said slowly.

"Well, Justin, that's the thing. Relationships aren't easy, I'm not going to forgive you just because you've said you're sorry." I said, finally looking at him.

"Then what do you want me to do?" He asked quietly.

"Just give me a little longer, yeah?" I said.