Chapter Fourty One

Justin's P.O.V
Mason had been slightly distant over the past few days, she wasn't as loving as she used to be and it scared me.

From what I knew, I hadn't done anything wrong, I tried my best to make her happy and even though I'd done a lot of stupid shit, I couldn't remember anything I'd said or done in the last few days that could've upset her.

We were currently sat at a quiet cafe eating breakfast, neither of us wanting to cook anything this morning.

"You okay?" I asked as I eyed her, smiling as she looked up at me.

"Hmm? Yeah, I'm okay." She smiled at me in return.

But it didn't set with me. I knew something was bothering her.

I sighed deeply. "You're not." I slumped back in my chair, biting my lip in frustration.

"What?" She looked at me from across the table.

"You're not okay, something's bothering you. I can see it." I stated.

"Justin, I promise. Everything's fine." She spoke quietly.

I wasn't dropping it.

Mason's P.O.V
In all honestly, things weren't okay. The dreams hadn't stopped and it was the same thing each time. Justin and her. I don't even know who she was but I didn't like her.

They consumed my brain, they were on my mind everyday. But I couldn't tell Justin, how can I tell him I'm having dreams about him with another girl? How could I tell him they made me feel useless and lost? Because that's how I felt. I felt like Justin could do better.

I wanted to tell him. I wanted my thoughts to be finally clear of these dreams that are haunting me.

"Mason?" I heard Justin ask as I came back into reality.

"Yeah?" I breathed out.

"What's wrong, baby? Something isn't okay and I want to make it better." He pleaded as he held my hand from across the table.

"It's nothing." I ducked my head, not really covering it up well.

"Do you not trust me or something? Did I do something? Because I wouldn't be surprised." He sighed as he rubbed his face with his hand.

I looked up at him instantly, why was he blaming himself?

"What? No! Justin, this isn't your fault at all, you've been great to me, you always are. It's all my fault, okay? Please don't blame yourself." It was my turn to plead.

"Then tell me what it is so I can help." He looked lost and confused.

I breathed deeply.

"You're going to think I'm stupid." I mumbled.

"Hey," He said as he put his hand under my chin and lifted my head so I could lock my eyes with his. "Never."

"Okay. Well, I've uhm, I've been having these weird dreams." I ran my hand through my hair, feeling embarrassed.

"Okay, what about?" He looked at me in concentration, as though he was processing every word I was saying, and I loved him for that.

"Y-You." I mumbled.

"Me?" He smiled slightly. "Is it like 'me' cute or 'me' hot and sexy?" He spoke, a small smirk beginning to appear on his face.

"Neither." I let out a small sigh.

"Then what is it?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"I-In my dream, you're with another girl." I spoke, silence consuming the two of us. "And you're happy with her, I can see it. You're always telling her how it's always been her, and that I'm nothing compared to her and I don't know why I'm having these dreams but it makes me realise that, that you could do better than me." I rambled on, letting out a deep breath as I felt tears prick at my eyes.