Chapter Fifty

Mason's P.O.V
My body shook as I paced around the bathroom, the two tests sat on the side of the sink, taunting me.

This was it. This was what was going to determine the rest of my life, and not to mention, Justin's. I contemplated on telling him when I first had my suspicions; if it was nothing, I've panicked him for no reason. But if I was pregnant, he needs to know eventually.

My hands became sweaty as I investigated the possibility of being pregnant. If I was, was Justin going to stay? Would he be happy? Of course not; I'm 20 and he's 21 and we'd be having a baby. I breathed heavily as the five minutes I had to wait we're almost up.

I imagined what our life would be like: We'd argue over baby names, Justin would rub my stomach when my bump starts to appear, we'd spend days at the park with our kid. But maybe it wouldn't be like that: Justin might not be able to handle the responsibility of a child and leave, I might have to raise it alone, it might cause Justin and I to disagree, and before we know it, we're arguing every living second.

I shiver with worry and confusion. Of course I wanted children, but definitely not at this age, it was too soon. How am I going to tell Justin?

Stepping slowly over to the sink, gulping as I reached over and grabbed the tests in my hand. My heart sank but flipped in my chest.

I'm having a baby.

A Week Later
Justin's P.O.V
I kissed down her neck slowly, my hands burning into her hips. She didn't move or react, she simply sat staring up at the ceiling. "Come on, baby." I mumbled in her ear, biting down on it before licking it soothingly.

"I'm not really in the mood." She shrugged me off and sat up in bed, pulling the sheets over her body. I sighed.

Mason had been acting a little strange lately, but everytime I tried to ask her about it, she brushed me off and said it was nothing.

"Mason," I got her attention using a stern tone, I sat up with her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She sighed, making my has clench in frustration.

"I'm not asking to get another blunt response, Mase. I want you to tell me what's going on because I'm not dropping this; you're not you, you don't touch me like you used to, you kiss me like you're afraid, you don't look at me like I'm the most important thing in the world to you anymore. I'm scared." I almost pleaded as I watched her face stay blank.

I watched her eyebrows crease together and her eyes watered, a few seconds later she was crying in my arms. I let her cry, even though I didn't know what she was crying for. I held her tightly.

"Mason, whatever it is that's got you so uncomfortable around me or so afraid to be near me, we can make it go away. I'm sorry for whatever it is that I-"

"I'm pregnant." The words shot through me like a knife, I felt like I'd been stabbed a thousand times.

"I'm pregnant."

"I'm pregnant."

"I'm pregnant."

The words didn't stop ringing through my ears as I sat, staring at nothing. This couldn't be happening, not now.

"W-What?"

"I took the tests last week." She mumbled, looking down at her hands that were shiny from her tears.

"B-But--How? You're always on the pill and when you're not, I wear a condom." I ran my hands up and down my face.

"They're not 100% effective, Justin. There's always a low chance one will get through." She sighed tiredly.

"Right, okay." I patted my thighs. "You're pregnant, I'm gonna have a baby." My eyes widen and my mouth threatening to smile. "Oh my god. Mason, I'm gonna be a father." I whispered, I look over at her, she looked confused to say the least.

"Justin, I'm confused. How do you feel about this?" She sat back on the bed.

"I-I don't know. I'm scared, I'm worried about how we're gonna deal with this, but I'm kind of excited." I smiled over at her, grabbing her hand. "I've thought about this a lot; I want kids with you, I want a family and a life with you. I guess we're just getting a head start." I grinned at her, my hand finding its way to her stomach.

"We're really gonna do this?" She whispered, shuffling closer to me.

I gleamed down at her. "Yeah," I pulled her into me, my arm over her shoulder. "We're gonna have a baby, Mason. Together." I breathed out, my attention shifting to her stomach. I leaned down and pecked it softly.

"I was so scared to tell you; I thought you'd get angry and leave." She chuckled nervously, looking down at her hands.

"What?" I frowned, sitting up lightly. "You though I'd leave? If I'm not mistaken, it was me that got you pregnant in the first place. I'm not leaving, we're doing this together." I ran my hand up and down her arm.

"I love you." She smiled down at me, her eyes watering.

"I love you too, so, so, so much." I spoke between each peck of her skin. "And I love you, I can't wait to meet you." I spoke softly to her stomach, feeling a little uncomfortable but I played it off.

"You're so cute, I'm kind of excited." She smiled.

I sighed a breath of anxiousness. I was having a baby, a child, a small person that was going to look up to me. And the most amazing part, I was having it with the love of my life.

-----
what did you thinkk?

tell me what you thought!
what was your favourite part?

15-16 comments for the next chapter!

😘